Wrangler JL Rollover!

Btw @Chris SUPER jelly you owned one of the crossplane R1s. The 2012 50th anniversary edition is like my dream bike.

Btw @Chris SUPER jelly you owned one of the crossplane R1s. The 2012 50th anniversary edition is like my dream bike.

Oh yes, that’s my favorite of the crossplane engines as well, the 2012!

That is hands down the best sounding bike I’ve ever owned.

I wouldn’t say that the European crash test ratings are better, or that a Car that doesn’t do as well at European standards is unsafe, they just test different things.

It’s part of what makes the automotive world so expensive with the different country models too. As pointed out a big factor in Europeans ratings is the safety for pedestrians when hit which American cars don’t do great at. There’s a planet money episode which rebroadcasted recently and even used the wrangler as an example.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast...rade-barrier/id290783428?i=1000425245882&mt=2

My wife and I own two Ducatis, one BMW and two Hondas. I used to club race at Willow Springs. Last month we rode Tail of the Dragon.
1198.jpg

I wouldn’t say that the European crash test ratings are better, or that a Car that doesn’t do as well at European standards is unsafe, they just test different things.

It’s part of what makes the automotive world so expensive with the different country models too. As pointed out a big factor in Europeans ratings is the safety for pedestrians when hit which American cars don’t do great at. There’s a planet money episode which rebroadcasted recently and even used the wrangler as an example.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast...rade-barrier/id290783428?i=1000425245882&mt=2
Yeah Jeep bumpers don’t really have much “give” ! Plus the height is just about right to fold a pedestrian right into all the other hard parts .

Thread officially derailed!!
Here’s my 09 ZX6R which I totaled in the mountains almost two years ago in March (this photo won bike of the month on our local motorcycle page btw ;)).
View attachment 67264
And here’s my 2006 R1 LE in Moto GP colors.
View attachment 67265
And me at AMP in Goodyear, AZ October of ‘16
View attachment 67267
Do I miss riding? Absolutely. Do I regret giving up to pursue the Jeep life? Absolutely not!

I have played at AMP a few times. I like that track, but my favorite track in AZ is Wilcox, have you been there? It has elevation changes and really nice sweepers, and elevation sweepers.

I have played at AMP a few times. I like that track, but my favorite track in AZ is Wilcox, have you been there? It has elevation changes and really nice sweepers, and elevation sweepers.
AMP is great except for the noise limit. I always felt so distracted making sure not to peg the noise meters. I’ve never even heard of Wilcox but wish I had! Chuckwalla is the one I would go to for elevation changes and whatnot but that’s way out there. Indie Motorsports Ranch was always my favorite.

Reactions: ac_
AMP is great except for the noise limit. I always felt so distracted making sure not to peg the noise meters. I’ve never even heard of Wilcox but wish I had! Chuckwalla is the one I would go to for elevation changes and whatnot but that’s way out there. Indie Motorsports Ranch was always my favorite.

Indie is in Wilcox we just called it Wilcox. I have camped there and ran the Saturday and Sunday sessions. Lots of fun there. It was my favorite track!

I never worried about the noise limit at AMP because I figured they would let me know if I was too noisy. I never got flagged so I was good. They did tell me not to downshift on the straight during the sound checks, but I never had any issues. AMP is a good track too because it was so new and clean! It is short, but does have some nice curves!

I hope this isn't a sore subject, but remembering Wilcox (Indie) we would go down there and Ted would have his semi, and he would break out the satellite tv and a ton of chairs, and invite everybody to come over and watch TV in his pit at night. It was something that I will never forget.

Insurance ratings for Wranglers put them as some of the safest vehicles on the road. The worst vehicle for driver fatalities is the Nissan 370Z. And most of those fatalities are in single vehicle collisions.