Wranglerfixed

I'm not sure what all the other posts are about, but the gist is WranglerFix modifying shift points now? I got a PCM from him about a year and half ago now. Saved our LJ.

But I think it jumps to third much too soon especially with how hilly it is where I live, and overdrive is still useless unless over 60 mph. Stock with 31's and 3.73 gears, so not overly strained.

Reactions: matkal
I'm not sure what all the other posts are about, but the gist is WranglerFix modifying shift points now? I got a PCM from him about a year and half ago now. Saved our LJ.

But I think it jumps to third much too soon especially with how hilly it is where I live, and overdrive is still useless unless over 60 mph. Stock with 31's and 3.73 gears, so not overly strained.

I’m going to let Mark @Wranglerfix field any questions

Also there are other things to consider- It may be that my PCM was going and that I gained a lot because of that... my LJR was not peppy until now-

I can’t help but wonder if third doesn’t actually come in later- I know you can only do so much with computer management but I’m going to venture to say I don’t think that there will be any way to get the transmission work any better as far as the computer side of things- he has it dialed.

It sure did Jerry. It really surprised me. It hums like a sewing machine, and I think he has gotten 3rd and overdrive to work better together somehow- you know instantly when you drive it. Shifts so smooth you feel like it’s a 6 speed auto. No urge to kill the overdrive now.

But does it have a life size one of these?

IMG_3181.jpeg

We ran 31's with 3.73 gears for 11 years . Now we have 33's with 4.88 gears and the difference is amazing . Overdrive is much more useable. I still turn overdrive off unless we are running highway speed . I feel like it does shift into 3rd a little early .

There is an easy mod you can do that will turn the overdrive off automatically when the jeep is shifted into gear gear-

You can still use the switch

I have sort of went back-and-forth kind of where you are and the LJ was definitely making me mess with switch- It was all too short in overdrive off mode and too lazy with it on- Based on my particular set up.

Really with the gears I have that should not have been the case and now that I have the new PCM I feel pretty confident that is behind me.

Reactions: John Cooper
Top of the morning to all of you and I hope all is well. The pcm that I sent @AndyG is a specially tweeked version of our stock pcm tune. It has been taylored to enhance throttle response, increase horsepower and torque across the entire powerband. I believe that we have the perfect prescription for the ailments associated with these wranglers. The X tune will be available soon once we finish our R&D on it.

@Jerry Bransford The 05 pcm has an NGC pcm which has some (limited) abilities to tune. The jtech (97-04) ecms are about like trying to tune rabbit ears. With just the right amount of aluminum foil...

Top of the morning to all of you and I hope all is well. The pcm that I sent @AndyG is a specially tweeked version of our stock pcm tune. It has been taylored to enhance throttle response, increase horsepower and torque across the entire powerband. I believe that we have the perfect prescription for the ailments associated with these wranglers. The X tune will be available soon once we finish our R&D on it.

@Jerry Bransford The 05 pcm has an NGC pcm which has some (limited) abilities to tune. The jtech (97-04) ecms are about like trying to tune rabbit ears. With just the right amount of aluminum foil...

See I been tellin’ all yall I was a special needs member for years....

Thank you for hooking me up Mark...

I don’t want to say too much because I’m really no authority but I think I do better after I digest things...

Every one of these vehicles has got a pretty good bit of variation of accessories, weight, tire size, gears, wheels .... It’s unimaginable how many combinations there can be. Plus you can have somebody running spark plugs that have been in there for 20 years and they do a new PCM never think to change the plugs..Then expect a miracle.

I don’t want somebody to come back and say hey man I spent this money and this was a dud...

All that said I am more than happy to share my experience and overall this has been a really positive move. It worked extremely good for my LJ Rubicon.

Also I’m going to add that I have dealt with Mark in the past and I didn’t have any trepidation....He is passionate about what he does and he’s not just trying to move product...He wants you to get results.

Last edited:
It might be good enough to change out the profile picture of @Jerry Bransford to his own now...

But if Jerry gets a WranglerFix PCM and I have a WranglerFix PCM and my Avatar is Jerry’s Rig and I tell small children my name is Jerry Bransford, it gets sort of hard to take it down.

I refer to that avatar as “Wheelin’ in the Years” because all great pics need a title.

But if Jerry gets a WranglerFix PCM and I have a WranglerFix PCM and my Avatar is Jerry’s Rig and I tell small children my name is Jerry Bransford, it gets sort of hard to take it down.

I refer to that avatar as “Wheelin’ in the Years” because all great pics need a title.

Small children... like @John Cooper ?

Are there any changes to the transmission programming, or are the changes exclusive to the engine?

Reactions: Wranglerfix