Wrecked her

Shane Mckinley

Zipman35
Supporting Member
Well I got the bumper pulled some so maybe the tire won’t rub. Maybe the shop can manage to get a radiator in there. I have no way to pull the grill. Didn’t have the leverage. I’ll know tomorrow [emoji849]
89452ae1a22bdcdb1024b88524f2fc86.jpg

2ff362c5bb7f068c514d09a3640261b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

last night when the rain had just started. I slid into a f150, a camary slid into me, and something else slid into her [emoji2959][emoji17]

Yea I just need it drivable so I can work

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Went to the body shop today. The repair place would not touch it

Body guy is thinking upwards to 4500 in damages worried about the left tire being tilted inwards. I’m guessing the axle shaft on one side. He mentioned being concerned about the diff being different cause it’s RHD and they may likely total it

I can’t afford for them to total it. It’s RHD I work out of it. I’m at a loss here and need this thing fixed. Surely that’s an easy part to come by (if indeed that winds up being the case)

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

It might be a crude method, but you could put a strap through the grill, and the other end around a tree or other immovable object, and a few tugs while in reverse might pull it out enough to make it driveable. I've done something similar in a pinch.
Did this with my other car to get it drivable

Went to the body shop today. The repair place would not touch it

Body guy is thinking upwards to 4500 in damages worried about the left tire being tilted inwards. I’m guessing the axle shaft on one side. He mentioned being concerned about the diff being different cause it’s RHD and they may likely total it

I can’t afford for them to total it. It’s RHD I work out of it. I’m at a loss here and need this thing fixed. Surely that’s an easy part to come by (if indeed that winds up being the case)

I don't think the front axle itself is any different than the left hand drive axle. It would just need a new track bar bracket welded on. I'm sure they are out there somewhere or the one on your current axle could be cut off and re used.

Reactions: Flivver250
Did you turn it into your insurance or are you paying out of pocket? My wife's car was just in a slight fender bender, basically a hit and run while it was parked. Didn't look like much damage until we took it to the body shop. Ended up being $1200. We had to pay $300 of it for the uninsured motorists deductible.

Tie the grill to a tree, and throw it in reverse. Do that until you can get a radiator back into it.

Do the same thing with the bumper if you need to.

If there's no frame damage, $4500 is ridiculous.

Reactions: 04 LJ and IPerkWVU
He’s worried about the axle. Said the tire is tilted in the front. What’s to measure. I’m already looking. Just Incase. Found an acme in MS. Not local but in my state. Says LHD/RHD soo I’m feeling better just still waiting. He also mentioned the frame could be bent. Well that’s repairable too lol

I work out of this and can’t imagine working out of a LHD for damn sure

Still waiting

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Bummer! At least the damage doesn't look too bad. Could be a lot worse I suppose.

Fingers crossed its not as bad as they think...most things can be sourced to refit I'm sure.

So they are totaling the jeep but the offer I’m getting is in my opinion kind of incredible ... so I do have to deal with wanting to get something newer possibly. I guess will wait-and-see but considering it’s work, I need more room I may look for a JK don’t everybody hate me at once lol

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Reactions: billiebob
“....I need more room I may look for a JK....”

And not only did the thread abruptly die, all the TJ owners, in all the land, never waived to him again. THE END.

Haha! Just kidding! Bummer, but gotta do what ya gotta do. Hope it all works out for you!

Reactions: skrelnik
“....I need more room I may look for a JK....”

And not only did the thread abruptly die, all the TJ owners, in all the land, never waived to him again. THE END.

Haha! Just kidding! Bummer, but gotta do what ya gotta do. Hope it all works out for you!

Lol!!!! Oh I will own another Tj no doubt about it

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Reactions: TJBob