Wrench for door pin nuts

Philip

I think I once saw a non-metallic wrench for removing the nuts that hold the door pins in place. I’d like to remove my doors from time to time and it seems that a normal wrench would destroy the paint. Can no longer find the non-metallic wrench. How do others handle this.

TIA
Philip

buy a can of MOPAR touch up paint if you are that concerned about the paint getting scratched off

Slide a small piece of cardboard between the pin and the body to keep the wrench from damaging the body.

Edit: it seems you might be more concerned with the paint on the nuts themselves. I replaced mine with the McGard locks linked above.

If I reinstalled my flawless 22 year old door hinge nuts they'd make the rest of the Jeep look even worse. Like sparkly diamond crusted hinges holding an old outhouse door.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Daryl and Fonz54
I have one of those wrenches if this is what you are referring to. It’s a vinyl coated wrench that Jeep used to sell. Kinda cool to have and does what it’s supposed to do.

4E89D5D8-A343-4753-841B-4BAD7BBFAC44.jpeg

Went with the first suggestion. Used blue painters tape to avoid damaging the paint on the nuts or the tub (it’s a Jeep, why am I concerned by a scratch or two, sheesh) through the nuts in a baggy which is now in the glove box in case the Jeep survives to be sold on but I’m not doing anything else.