WRG winch rope on the website!

psrivats

Team green shackle
Supporting Member
New gear alert!

Looks like @mrblaine now has synthetic winch ropes available on the BMB website. 5 colors and they come with the safety thimble installed. The price as always is really outstanding value as with all BMB/WRG gear.

Who is going to be first to get one?

https://blackmagicbrakes.com/ols/pr...line-in-38-diameter-with-safety-thimble-8f94c

rs=w_1200,h_1200.jpeg

I've been waiting for this day. My old line is in sad shape.

I ordered a thimble a while back but am not worried about having a spare. Big thanks to MrBlaine for sourcing a quality line! Looking forward to getting it installed.

Reactions: JMT
anything i have to do different going from a steel rope to synthetic?

If you are running a roller you just need to make sure the rollers are in good condition and the bushings still roll and are not too sloppy.

What fairlead are you currently running? Consider getting the hawse fairlead that Blaine sells.

This would be my next suggestion.

Reactions: Longwhitejeep
It's very tempting to change mine out to get a bright color as my main rope and make some accessories with the old one.

Reactions: Longwhitejeep
I've been waiting for this day. My old line is in sad shape.
And you have my profound apologies for that. Had I known the number of lines we'd have to purchase and evaluate and how long that would take before I found something that I would put on any of my own winches or not be embarassed to sell, I may have opted out of supplying lines. It has been painfully tedious and my fairly innocuous demands (at least to me) were a lot harder to satisfy than I deemed possible at the outset.
I ordered a thimble a while back but am not worried about having a spare. Big thanks to MrBlaine for sourcing a quality line! Looking forward to getting it installed.
I'm very happy with them, if you aren't, we'll fix it.