WRG winch rope on the website!

I know you are the guru for winches. I have used more than 85 feet of cable before and always liked that my 8274 had so much available. Is my desire for more cable overkill? Great price for a nice unit

One of the many advantages of the 8274 is the ability to hold a large amount of line and due to the efficiency of the spur gears does not seem to suffer as much power loss per layer as planetary winches do. I know that there are those that will say you can run 150' of 3/8 synthetic but I believe 125' is the better fit.

Reactions: 02GreenTJ
Are you running the 85’ wrg offers or a 125’? I would happily purchase a 125 but I can’t justify the price tags I’ve seen.
One of the many advantages of the 8274 is the ability to hold a large amount of line and due to the efficiency of the spur gears does not seem to suffer as much power loss per layer as planetary winches do. I know that there are those that will say you can run 150' of 3/8 synthetic but I believe 125' is the better fit.

Are you running the 85’ wrg offers or a 125’? I would happily purchase a 125 but I can’t justify the price tags I’ve seen.

I was told my teaser pic was too subtle so hopefully this helps.

IMG_3315.jpeg

Your eyes are not deceiving you. That is a dual color line. I have been working with Blaine to bring to market an 8274 specific winch line that met what specifications I wanted in a line and like Blaine at as best a value as possible. They are in production as we speak but still a good five weeks before they are available. I will be making an official announcement both here and on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100083479955171&mibextid=haYZDX
once I have available to ship out.

I was told my teaser pic was too subtle so hopefully this helps.

View attachment 457261

Your eyes are not deceiving you. That is a dual color line. I have been working with Blaine to bring to market an 8274 specific winch line that met what specifications I wanted in a line and like Blaine at as best a value as possible. They are in production as we speak but still a good five weeks before they are available. I will be making an official announcement both here and on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100083479955171&mibextid=haYZDX
once I have available to ship out.

Fucking magicians is what they are.

dual color winch line B.jpg

For a better idea of just how good the red color is,

DSC01614.JPG

That would be handy at the drum end of every winck rope

Maybe and there are ropes out there that have done things at the drum end that often times do not work well. The sleeve Warn does to their line is one, it just adds a significant amount of bulk on an already crowded drum. IMO for the 8274 it is not needed at the drum end as the in drum anchoring is so strong that you have to do something pretty ridiculous for it to be an issue. The dual color does add additional cost to the line that I think could be avoided by doing something as simple as adding a marker with a short length of bright colored tape or heat shrink at the point where you come to the first layer on the drum.

The reason I am going with the expense of the dual color for the 8274 line is to provide additional situational awareness when spooling in. With a no load speed of 73 feet per minute stock and over 100 feet with just some minor mods they have a significant amount of run on that can be a problem if not maintaining awareness.

Maybe and there are ropes out there that have done things at the drum end that often times do not work well. The sleeve Warn does to their line is one, it just adds a significant amount of bulk on an already crowded drum. IMO for the 8274 it is not needed at the drum end as the in drum anchoring is so strong that you have to do something pretty ridiculous for it to be an issue. The dual color does add additional cost to the line that I think could be avoided by doing something as simple as adding a marker with a short length of bright colored tape or heat shrink at the point where you come to the first layer on the drum.

The reason I am going with the expense of the dual color for the 8274 line is to provide additional situational awareness when spooling in. With a no load speed of 73 feet per minute stock and over 100 feet with just some minor mods they have a significant amount of run on that can be a problem if not maintaining awareness.

I’m extremely interested and hopefully will get my hands on one soon!

Why did you want the color transition?

Other end. He explained it. With the higher speeds of the hot rodded 8274, there is a lot of wind in after you let go of the button. The red serves as a warning to get off of the button.

This. If you have followed my 8.7ak build you will see that while I despise the nylon tube chafe guards I left a section on my line near the eye to serve as an indicator to let off the switch so the run on did not try to bury the thimble into the fairlead. So going with the dual color gives me that visual indicator that is permanent to the line but not something that increases bulk or gets in the way.

Awesome to see you think about this and provide a highly useful (and unique) solution. Winching is dangerous and oftentimes that kinda gets brushed aside when folks are having fun on the trails.

Reactions: Blackjack
This. If you have followed my 8.7ak build you will see that while I despise the nylon tube chafe guards I left a section on my line near the eye to serve as an indicator to let off the switch so the run on did not try to bury the thimble into the fairlead. So going with the dual color gives me that visual indicator that is permanent to the line but not something that increases bulk or gets in the way.

I followed some of that thread but figured I’d never have a winch like that so didn’t go in-depth. Makes sense though. My Zeon Platinum is pretty quick and winds down a bit but it’s not as fast as those either.

I figured you had a reason. It looks great.

Awesome to see you think about this and provide a highly useful (and unique) solution. Winching is dangerous and oftentimes that kinda gets brushed aside when folks are having fun on the trails.

This is why my front camera points at my winch and not the bumper. I want to make sure everyone is clear if I’m running it from the cab.