WTB: 97-02 Frame

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a yard here in northern CO that sells them. Jeeps Unlimited. Off the top of my head I believe they are in Erie, CO

I actually bought a transmission off of them last year. Unfortunately, from what I've seen, they sell mediocre frames for $3200. While I'm fine with paying extra for an extra nice frame, I'm not fine with getting ripped off (the going rate on craigslist is around $1500 for a mediocre frame). Obviously a Jeep only junkyard is going to be a bit more expensive than craigslist, but over twice the price is a bit excessive to me.

Ouch...yeah I wasnt aware they were over 3 grand. Nevermind then!

Have you talked to this guy?

https://evansville.craigslist.org/pts/d/clean-jeep-tj-frames-97-to-06/6671396158.html

I think Its Ryan Kidder, who has posted a few pics in forums of some replacement work he has done...

https://www.jeepz.com/forum/indiana...-rebuilds-rusted-jeep-tj-frame-rails-etc.html

I reached out to the craigslist guy a few weeks ago. He uses frames that have already been repaired using safe-t caps. I could have bought a frame that had been fixed up from him, but that didn't make much sense to me as my frame could easily be repaired if I wanted to go that route.

In other news, I'm finally going to go look at a 2000 6 cylinder frame next week. From the pictures, the frame looks extremely nice. I'll update you guys if I end up picking it up! Excited that I'm finally getting the ball rolling on the frame swap!

Reactions: Mike_H and tomtaylz
I saw that as well (I've been refreshing craigslist across the country every day for the past month lol). I don't really know what you would do with those to be honest... A lot of work including the transfer case skid plate bolts, spring perches, gas tank crossmember thing, and control arm mounts. I don't know if he sells very many of those...

I agree...Might be an interesting experiment. Buy a less than frame, and the new rails. Build it up, get it nice and clean, then perform the swap. That only works if you have a place to build it, and can weld though.

I agree...Might be an interesting experiment. Buy a less than frame, and the new rails. Build it up, get it nice and clean, then perform the swap. That only works if you have a place to build it, and can weld though.

I think that would take so much time, money, and expertise that it wouldn't be worth it. The frame I'm looking at next week is only a couple hundred dollars more than they want for just the rails. I would be especially worried about how aftermarket parts would fit on those rails as well. I'm hoping to get a Savvy Tummy Tuck sometime in the future and trying to get that all to work with custom frame rails might be a hassle, even if they are only off by 1/8".

Reactions: Mike_H
Hi all,
I've been on the search for a frame for a while without too much luck so I thought I'd post up here to see if anyone has one or knows of one for sale. Doesn't matter much where it is, as long as it is in the US or even Canada. I've searched craigslist and ebay a bunch as well as facebook marketplace. If anyone sees anything pop up, please let me know!

Looking for a frame with:
No rust inside or out
No weld in sections
Has to be straight
4.0 motor mounts

Thanks!
I didn't look in advance to see where you live but I often see a Jeep Salvage guy in the Chattanooga TN market with frames. Check out Craigslist frequently for Chattanooga and you'll eventually see his posts. I'll try and look for one to send you his number. I just picked up an 01 rusted frame TJ on an otherwise great running low miles TJ. I think the frame swap will be a little too ambitious for me. Good Luck

I didn't look in advance to see where you live but I often see a Jeep Salvage guy in the Chattanooga TN market with frames. Check out Craigslist frequently for Chattanooga and you'll eventually see his posts. I'll try and look for one to send you his number. I just picked up an 01 rusted frame TJ on an otherwise great running low miles TJ. I think the frame swap will be a little too ambitious for me. Good Luck

That is the guy I ended up buying my frame from actually. I'm not overly excited with him because I was essentially told the frame was straight. Turns out the frame was out an inch. He said he never had a tape measure on it, but I'll bet you he knew it was out and just didn't tell me. I tried to measure it the best I could, but due to the fact he had it up against a wall, an accurate measurement was next to impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.