You ever just get tired of the bullshit?

Just when you thought it was getting better, we have yet another "fucking expert" telling folks to swap in the Dodge 3500 master cylinder and now a customer is bitching on Facebook to all his buddies that our brake pads are shit since he had one on the rear of his TJ delaminate a chunk after 30,000 miles. He lives where it freezes hard, it is a 4th vehicle and doesn't get driven enough to dry out the brakes.

When asked what I had to say about helping him out? Crickets since he would rather talk shit than get in touch and see what I will do for him.

Despite the often constant bullshit you endure with grace Blaine, you still usually manage to do so with patience and, usually at least lol, a high degree of subtle humor. Some, assholes all, are unable to see and appreciate that subtle humor so they get pissed off lol. Fuck 'em if they can't get it or they refuse to get it.

This thread made my night, it's good to have you here.
Along with my near incessant whining, I also enjoy a very dry wit. Unfortunately as you say, it is missed by the less astute among us.

I get more sick of the bullshit with every single sunrise. It's tough man.

Lately it seems everywhere you turn, morons and blatant stupidity are running rampant. Everything from simple stuff that should be fool proof, to complicated things that should weed out the idiots have been infiltrated by the lowest brain function possible.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
It has to be the time of year, just has to be.
I hear of a customer who posts some crap on his FB page.
Essentially he lives where it is salty, freezing bitter cold, and had a rear brake pad lose a chunk out of it.
His post said, this is what you get for your money when you buy from BMB, I expected much better after 30,000 miles.
That is followed by a whole bunch of folks and their associated bullshit, tell us who it is so we never buy from them type crap.
Screenshots were forwarded to me and I want to fix the problem if I can. I reach out to be accepted as a friend so I can address the problem. Send email, call and can't leave a message since his mail box is full.

He finally calls me later yesterday. I tell him I understand you have a problem and I need to get it worked out since one of two things is true. Either the rig has a problem or that set of pads does and I don't sell junk so I need to figure out which and get it taken care of since that sort of thing is not an inherent trait of the pads and if it were, I wouldn't sell them.

You don't have a warranty.

Yes, that is correct. No brake pads have a warranty except the cheap junk you buy at Autozone and similar. That doesn't mean I can't do something when it is warranted though.

You're contradicting yourself, you say no and then you say they do, which is it?

I repeat myself and tell him to listen to the whole sentence.

You're still contradicting yourself.

No, I'm not. I'm just pointing out that only low priced pads sold by parts store sometimes have a warranty, typically some sort of lifetime bullshit that doesn't mean much.

Look, I'm just trying to fix this and need a way to do so since I can think of 4 or 5 ways a pad can be damaged and cause this. If the parts are good, then it may be a problem with that set of pads and we just need to figure it out and get it fixed.

That and a phone call or email with a heads up would get me to check it out and see what is going on to see what I can do since we do care about our customers.

I'm not going to beg you for a warranty.

I'm not asking you to beg me for anything, just some sort of contact or heads up so I can help if at all possible. If I can find anything that says this is the pad's fault, I'll take care of it.

Please send me some pictures of your rear caliper, rotor, sliders that the pads ride against and we'll get this figured out and handled for you.

So I have to send in my calipers, rotors, and brake pads before you'll do anything?

NO! I just want you to send me pictures so I can make sure if I do send out pads, the same thing won't happen again due to some issue with the brakes and this is just a pad problem.

Please accept my friend request so I can address the problem and get it handled.

No, we aren't friends and all you are doing is bullying me.

Bullying you? Fuck off. click.

Unfortunately that was clearly his attitude during the whole conversation. He didn't want it fixed, he just wanted to complain and be the victim.

Exactly. The pad issue just gives the attention whore something to whine about, on Facebook 🙄

Just another millennial douche bag.

Unfortunately that was clearly his attitude during the whole conversation. He didn't want it fixed, he just wanted to complain and be the victim.

This incident reminds me of saying I've heard. "Some people would complain if they're hung with a new rope"

Nothing is going to make them happy.

I live in a salty freezing area, and I would have been happy if you reached out to me, if I were having a problem.

@mrblaine , Reading jeep boards and posting today? I was sure you would be at TDS. . . . ;)
No, I'm not a fan of TDS at all. I went twice just to see what it was about. Several things prevent me from ever going again under normal circumstances.
I'm not a fan of drinking and offroading.
I don't like being around drunken parties that involve motor vehicles.
I am not a fan of crowds and or waiting in lines to drive over some simple obstacle.
I strongly dislike taking advantage of an event without supporting the event. TDS is put on to raise money to support land use. Fully half the attendees are not paying customers and only show up for the bullshit aspect of it.
Drinking and driving don't mix.

We were camped over on the west side away from the main area that was empty when we found the spot. We set up about a hundred yards or so away from the road. Sitting around the fire after dark about 10pm or so shooting the shit and we hear a loud rig fire up. 10 seconds later we hear it hauling ass towards us on the road. The road by now was lined with camps close to both sides of it and certainly not a place to be hauling ass through. Road has a small little bend in it that the driver missed and then over corrected for which sent him rolling down the road at 50+ MPH. Full on multiple barrel roll right through the midst of the camps. The XJ managed to miss every single camp and cause no injury to anyone including the driver. 5 feet any other direction would have sent it over multiples of tents with people in them. Turned out to be a Jeep Speed racer with numbers on the car so easily identified.

That and I've been spending every spare minute finally fixing up the back covered deck on the house. It had a crappy aluminum sliding patio door that I replaced with a nice Pella unit. Ripped all the T-111 ply off the wall and replaced it with the manufactured siding that is on the rest of the house. Primed and painted that. Painted the other wall and ceiling so it all matched. Put plywood over the existing 2 x 6 diagonal decking. Coated that with a proper waterproof decking. Removed the lattice in all the windows and replaced it with horse panel wire to open it back up so you can see out and still keep the cats contained.

It was one of those snowball projects. It was originally a deck that has the house roof over it and open under it. The previous owners enclosed the space under it for storage. They did a shit job. The 6 x 6 support posts (which also hold up the back of the house) were not proper, were below grade which rotted the ends and let the back of the house sink. I fixed the posts, ripped out the shitty plywood floor, poured concrete, framed it in correctly and then needed to waterproof the deck over it to protect the stuff stored below.

Couldn't fix the deck since the slider was sitting on the 2 x decking, so had to replace that and raise it high enough to get it on the plywood for the waterproof part. It has been a struggle.

This incident reminds me of saying I've heard. "Some people would complain if they're hung with a new rope"

Nothing is going to make them happy.

I live in a salty freezing area, and I would have been happy if you reached out to me, if I were having a problem.
I would gladly send him a new set of pads. I do need a chance to explain to folks how something like that can happen and how to prevent it from happening again. It is a 4th vehicle and what happens or can happen is the pad rusts to the rotor when it gets parked or it can freeze to the rotor in severe cold. If there is a divot in the slider that catches the end of the pad, that can flex the backing plate when the piston pushes on it and that can crack the friction layer. Once it cracks and then sticks to the rotor, just backing up will remove that chunk of pad.

I also want to see the condition of the rest of the system so I know what is going on to make sure I am solving the problem and it won't happen again.

Reactions: Steven_Olson
I was having some fun with the TDS reference. I used to go every year, but I think the last time was in 2006 or 2007 which is about the time my family sold the vacation home in Borrego Springs. TDS has too much drinking, too much alcohol fueled vehicle carnage, and just isn't the same as it was in the early days.

Reactions: OldButStillJeeping

"What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men...you just can't reach. So, you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it! I don't like it any more than you men."

Or said another way: play the victim just to get your bitchiness ration for the day, and you spend a night in the box.

Reactions: Steven_Olson
Gentlemen... it's people that make you feel the best and people that make you feel the worst.

Remember this:

When you think about how stupid the average person is, remember that half of them are stupider than that.

My packaging guy is not an idiot. But, he sure does some idiotic things and lately seems intent on making basic mistakes just to fuck with me. We prepack rotors into shipping boxes. We have little stickers we put on the outside of the shipping box so we know what is in the box. He relates that his count is off and that he has an odd number of one of the stock rotors. He thinks that means he has somehow put a 67022 in a 67045 box. I get a call from a customer on Sunday evening that does indeed verify that my guy has done just that. How in the ever living hell one mixes up those two numbers is beyond my comprehension.

A week ago, he sends out the wrong nutsert kit. One is labelled 2 with a yellow card, the other is a 2M with a green card. Yellow is SAE, Green is metric. 2 is SAE, 2M is metric. The SAE nutserts are gray, the metric nutserts are gold. The rule is you carry the order sheet with you to the stock bin, hold the order sheet up, look at the numbers, pull the right one, go pack it.

We also have a rule that only one order gets staged and packed at a time to avoid mixing up of parts. I have built a book of kit parts and pictures. We staged all the parts that go into a kit and took a clear picture of it. That pic is referenced every single time you pack the kit even if you just packed one just like it. I don't want my customers to get incorrect parts or be missing parts and still, we can't tell the difference in color or number???

My packaging guy is not an idiot. But, he sure does some idiotic things and lately seems intent on making basic mistakes just to fuck with me. We prepack rotors into shipping boxes. We have little stickers we put on the outside of the shipping box so we know what is in the box. He relates that his count is off and that he has an odd number of one of the stock rotors. He thinks that means he has somehow put a 67022 in a 67045 box. I get a call from a customer on Sunday evening that does indeed verify that my guy has done just that. How in the ever living hell one mixes up those two numbers is beyond my comprehension.

A week ago, he sends out the wrong nutsert kit. One is labelled 2 with a yellow card, the other is a 2M with a green card. Yellow is SAE, Green is metric. 2 is SAE, 2M is metric. The SAE nutserts are gray, the metric nutserts are gold. The rule is you carry the order sheet with you to the stock bin, hold the order sheet up, look at the numbers, pull the right one, go pack it.

We also have a rule that only one order gets staged and packed at a time to avoid mixing up of parts. I have built a book of kit parts and pictures. We staged all the parts that go into a kit and took a clear picture of it. That pic is referenced every single time you pack the kit even if you just packed one just like it. I don't want my customers to get incorrect parts or be missing parts and still, we can't tell the difference in color or number???
Oh I love it when my guys do random weird , "not procedure" stuff. Makes me want to grind my nipples off with a belt sander.

We have a local group that was formed to mitigate the closure and conflicts of a popular local wheeling area. A guy I have known and liked for a very long time got involved as one of the admins and organizers of the group. Since this is a land use issue, I told him I would assist him to take some of the burden off in the logistics area by stepping up as a sponsor. I donated money for food, bought supplies and over time I kept increasing my support until I was about 2 grand in.

I watched what was important and altered what I gave to optimize the money in the best way possible. Turns out, feeding everyone and getting trash bags in their hands was top of the list so I concentrated on those.

I had many conversations where I explained that the amounts were not of consequence. The important thing was to keep as much worry off of his plate as I could so he could concentrate on keeping folks motivated and involved since I've been involved in a lot of land use stuff and those are the bigger challenges. He kept insisting that I get a return, I reiterated over and over that I would be glad to keep my involvement anonymous since this wasn't about me, it was about keeping folks involved in something of extreme importance.

At the last event of the year, I asked him to get with the other organizers and keep an eye on the volunteers to see which one stepped up and went above and beyond so I could send them a gift card. I also requested that I get that info immediately after the event so I could get it handled. Things such at that are important to get taken care of right away so they don't fall through the cracks, and so the person knows they are appreciated.

Event is over on Sat, I call to get the info that evening. Won't take the call. Send email, no answer. Call again, send another email on Sun with the same results and I need to get this handled. I finally have to get the other admins involved to get the volunteer's name so I can do what I promised.

His response to all of that? Well, I don't really give a shit about phone calls or emails and I don't see that changing, ever. Alrighty then, fuck right off because you had a responsibility you accepted and undertook when you signed up as an admin. No more, no less and part of that was to relay a simple single piece of info that you agreed to. WTF?

Oh I love it when my guys do random weird , "not procedure" stuff. Makes me want to grind my nipples off with a belt sander.
He said that folks make mistakes and no one is perfect. I said yes, I expect folks to make mistakes. We are human and it is unavoidable. You just can't make that mistake because it is entirely avoidable. Well, you can always replace me.

No, then I would have to start over training someone else and shit can the 100's of hours I have in getting you to do things right. It is more fun and entertaining to just kick you some when you fuck up.

Yesterday does make me think he is on his way out though. Had a customer who fucked up a caliper saddle in a new kit and wants to know what the application is so he can get one at a junkyard. I explain that isn't how it works and if I sent out a bad part, I'll take care of it but I need the other one back. I set up the order to send him a saddle.

Packaging guy comes to me and asks what the hell is a 1084 saddle? Do you know what caliper the 1084 pad fits? Yes, I do. Okay, you know that part, now, just send him the saddle from that caliper. Which part is the saddle? That is the part the caliper bolts to. Okay, why do you call it a saddle? Uh, well, because it saddles the rotor maybe?

Oh, you mean all those funny looking things that we take off to convert the calipers to fit other kits? Yes, that would be them. Seriously, after 3 years of me telling you to remove the 1084 stock saddles and put the JK specific saddles on calipers to convert them you don't know what a saddle is, seriously?