You ever just get tired of the bullshit?

mrblaine

Crew Member
Supporting Member
There are days, many where I seriously consider just keeping what I know to myself and stop trying to help folks learn how things work. Latest incident revolves around someone who needs to drop the 5/8" round hole in the frame side TJ front trackbar mount back to accepting a tapered pin on the stock trackbar.

Mr. asshole whom I've butted heads with many times on his overwhelming ignorance on a lot of things pops in with this shit-
Apparently @ Mr Blaine says that you just need sufficient clamping force on that connection, no matter what size hole it is. So you should just be able to put in a smaller bolt in the original (or stock) TB, torque to spec and be good.

Has never worked for me.

As for the insert. I know they make inserts for the knuckles, have not heard of one on the TB mount.

Just tired of it and makes me wonder why I even try some days.

I saw that. It's one thing to be wrong and stubborn, but to drag someone else into the mess the way he did is a whole different level of frustrating. Even as an observer.

I saw that. It's one thing to be wrong and stubborn, but to drag someone else into the mess the way he did is a whole different level of frustrating. Even as an observer.
The problem with that fucking asshole is I can't ever get him where it is okay to tell him just how much of a cock sucking ignorant dick licking motherfucking twat he really is.

The rest of it is the OP and his pop have been more than inconsiderate of my time and efforts. I could fix that mount for him, but after the amount of time I spent helping both and the gratitude they demonstrated, not gonna happen.

MrBaine. You've helped so many of us on different issues on our rigs. Let me know if this chocolate Cheerio is local to Western Washington and I will gladly go bitch slap the shit out of him for ya. That would be a minor payback for all your help over the years.

Reactions: wigsajumper
MrBaine. You've helped so many of us on different issues on our rigs. Let me know if this chocolate Cheerio is local to Western Washington and I will gladly go bitch slap the shit out of him for ya. That would be a minor payback for all your help over the years.
I appreciate the sentiment and offer of us. Fortunately or unfortunately depending on perspective, the fucktard happens to reside in the land of polar bears and shitty beer north of the border. I'm sure I'll get over it by the time I have my second cup of coffee so no harm today.

There are always going to be barking chihuahuas no matter where you're at.

When I first began my career I found a whole new appreciation for beer.

. . . Latest incident revolves around someone who needs to drop the 5/8" round hole in the frame side TJ front trackbar mount back to accepting a tapered pin on the stock trackbar.

Mr. asshole whom I've butted heads with many times on his overwhelming ignorance on a lot of things pops in with this shit-
Apparently @ Mr Blaine says that you just need sufficient clamping force on that connection, no matter what size hole it is. So you should just be able to put in a smaller bolt in the original (or stock) TB, torque to spec and be good. . . .

Just tired of it and makes me wonder why I even try some days.

I had no luck finding the quote (and the secret identity of "Mr. Asshole"), but I did find what you really said.

Paraphrasing an aphorism often attributed to you and applying it to the individual at issue, whoever he may be:

Reading does not equal comprehension.

See: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/jks-front-adjustable-trackbar-issue.9196/page-2

I was wondering about that part and the screen name.

That's all you need to see to know who it is.

To answer the original question, Blaine: yes, I get very tired of the bullshit. I have one or two areas of actual expertise in my life - you and I have discussed them in the past - about which I'm qualified in some very legally-binding ways to give honest-to-god expert advice and instruction...but there's no end to the people that will argue with me about anything and everything, even after coming to me for my help. It happens constantly: people admit that they need help - often, that they have NO IDEA what to do - and when I give them a solution or instruction they'll stand in front of me and argue it until the sun comes up...but there's no way to prevent those people from approaching me because I cannot control the behavior of others. I can cut it short, though...and to do that, I now have a very simple litmus test: I wait for someone to show me that all they want is a permission slip from me to do what they've already decided to do, and I cut it off right there. That doesn't mean that I cut them off forever - although I've certainly done that in the past when someone repeat-offends to the point of being a total waste of time - but it does mean that I'm done with that particular subject until someone is ready to listen. Sometimes that's difficult to do, but it makes more time for the people that actually want to learn...and it saves my sanity.

On a personal note, regarding the person to whom you refer: I stopped paying any attention to that asshole a long time ago.