You know you're getting old when...

When you accidentally do the, "I've got tools older than you", to one of your coworkers

I actually had a moment like that recently. I was messing with a coworker (who is but a mere 21 years of age) about something and I realized that I have a bunch of ratty, hole-riddled teeshirts I keep around for wearing when working in the yard or on the TJ that are literally two years older than this guy.

However, I did *not* tell him that. He would have cried. I would have cried. Everyone would have cried. It would have been tragic. ;-)

Hey, can I help it if Target used to sell very decent teeshirts back in the 1990s? (They don't these days, unfortunately.) And I take care of them, too. But yes, my work shirts were bought at Target in 1993. Sue me. BAHAHAHA!!!

You know you're getting old when...

You start realizing that spending money on clothes is a huge waste, and the best shirts are the ones you get for free.

Yeah, I have a whole wardrobe of swag shirts. Love them all...
fullsizeoutput_eb5.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
You know you're getting old when you remember a time before the Internet existed. A time when you literally had a hard cover set of Encyclopedia Britannica books that you had to thumb through just to look up some information... My god... How times have changed!

Reactions: VirtualRussel
You know you're getting older when you remember rotary phones, gas UNDER a dollar, life without the internet or mobile phones or beepers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My parents still have a red rotary phone in their kitchen (and it still works). It came out of my grand parents house in 1985.

Reactions: brown_mule
You know you're getting old when you remember a time before the Internet existed. A time when you literally had a hard cover set of Encyclopedia Britannica books that you had to thumb through just to look up some information... My god... How times have changed!

I did a lot of high school research papers based on the info from encyclopedias. I remember each year my parents would debate on whether or not they were going to buy the annual book update. however; I forget which one was the last year they bought. I'm guessing it must have been from the late 80's.

Reactions: Wade
I did a lot of high school research papers based on the info from encyclopedias. I remember each year my parents would debate on whether or not they were going to buy the annual book update. however; I forget which one was the last year they bought. I'm guessing it must have been from the late 80's.

Yep, I'm right there with you. Seems silly now when you look back at it!

Reactions: UpperMI
..when your body is sore from wrenching the previous day and you decide to sit in your chair and re-read the wenzel thread for hours.

It's been 11 years. i wonder if he's still being harassed for that?

When you understand what fiber in your diet is, know what it is good for...dismiss it anyway, cuz "I'm a man"...then regret dismissing it and actively seek to include it.

When you realize your 97 Jeep TJ is old enough to drink/vote and is older than some of the girls waiting in line to get into the clubs.
(BTW - Canadian in Manitoba - 18yr drinking age)

..when your body is sore from wrenching the previous day and you decide to sit in your chair and re-read the wenzel thread for hours.

It's been 11 years. i wonder if he's still being harassed for that?

I just read/scanned over the Wenzel thread. All I have to say is DAMN, I would be amazed if he is even on ANY social media. Thanks for helping to kill my afternoon at work Ahoragi!

I just read/scanned over the Wenzel thread. All I have to say is DAMN, I would be amazed if he is even on ANY social media. Thanks for helping to kill my afternoon at work Ahoragi!

What's the Wenzel thread? Clearly I need to read this...

What's the Wenzel thread? Clearly I need to read this...
I hope you have ALOT of time for reading...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-chit-chat-classics/399203-Dana 60-rear-4-88s-35-spline.html

And if you want a good Ab workout then read all the classics. Some really funny stuff in there.
(start with the electric fence and I)

Last edited:
I hope you have ALOT of time for reading...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-chit-chat-classics/399203-Dana 60-rear-4-88s-35-spline.html

And if you want a good Ab workout then read all the classics. Some really funny stuff in there.
(start with the electric fence and I)

Oh god... WHY that orange background? Makes my eyes hurt, LOL.

Okay, so before I read 73 pages, can you briefly summarize what this is about? LOL