Your go to music

My favorite band is Oingo Boingo. Been a fan since the movie Weird Science came out. Went to a record store shortly after seeing the movie. Looked at the soundtrack and didn't like it. The girl at the record store handed me Dead Mans Party and let me play it on the store sound system. I miss record stores. I've seen them around 10+ times. Going to see Danny Elfman next month at the Hollywood Bowl.

Other favorites: Rush, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Nirvana, Guns N' Roses, Pink Floyd, Depeche Mode, Radiohead, Metallica (mostly the black album and earlier), Anthrax, Deftones, Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots. I used to go to a lot of concerts in the late 80's and through the 90's and 2000's.

My favorite band is Oingo Boingo. Been a fan since the movie Weird Science came out. Went to a record store shortly after seeing the movie. Looked at the soundtrack and didn't like it. The girl at the record store handed me Dead Mans Party and let me play it on the store sound system. I miss record stores. I've seen them around 10+ times. Going to see Danny Elfman next month at the Hollywood Bowl.

Other favorites: Rush, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Nirvana, Guns N' Roses, Pink Floyd, Depeche Mode, Radiohead, Metallica (mostly the black album and earlier), Anthrax, Deftones, Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots. I used to go to a lot of concerts in the late 80's and through the 90's and 2000's.

Dead man walking is in another song my son was listening to and I made him listen to the original, I just can’t remember which song and it is just a quick blurb.

Reactions: suicideking
My sons first concert was Slayer farewell tour here in Tampa at 15 years old, we hit quite a few different bands before he went off to College this year, now we meet up at guitar stores so he can jam a little. He goes to concerts with friends now, I am so glad we went to all the ones we did.🤘🏻

Attachments

• IMG_4436.MOV
    5.6 MB
My sons first concert was Slayer farewell tour here in Tampa at 15 years old, we hit quite a few different bands before he went off to College this year, now we meet up at guitar stores so he can jam a little. He goes to concerts with friends now, I am so glad we went to all the ones we did.🤘🏻

That's killer! You raised him right!! 🤘Death metal chops too. 🔥

Ok I'll give it a shot:

EAGLES! why has no one said them yet?? someone literally said Joe Walsh and didn't say Eagles 🤯
Larry Norman
Cat Stevens
Cream
Kansas
Styx
Yardbirds
Bob Dylan
Elton John
Eric Clapton
The Who
Jerry Reed
Lynyrd Skynyrd
The Beatles
Elvis Presley
Queen
Neil Diamond
Jim Croce
Kenny Loggins
Beach Boys

There we go, and many more I can't remember.

Taking 2 of my boys to see Danny Elfman. They're all into Oingo Boingo, so figure I should take them while they will still go with me. My oldest is 13, so figure time is dwindling. Pretty sure all 3 of my boys would say their favorite band is Boingo. Though none of them are really into music much. I blame Napster for ruining the music business.

Reactions: Matt888
Ok I'll give it a shot:

EAGLES! why has no one said them yet?? someone literally said Joe Walsh and didn't say Eagles 🤯
Larry Norman
Cat Stevens
Cream
Kansas
Styx
Yardbirds
Bob Dylan
Elton John
Eric Clapton
The Who
Jerry Reed
Lynyrd Skynyrd
The Beatles
Elvis Presley
Queen
Neil Diamond
Jim Croce
Kenny Loggins
Beach Boys

There we go, and many more I can't remember.

Glad I saw The Who in the early 2000's when they played the Hollywood Bowl. Still rocked even though they're all old.

Clapton - Had Cocaine on a mix playlist and my 3 kids heard it. They were making fun of that song for weeks. Love Clapton.

Queen - Always been a fan. I thought the Bohemian Rhapsody movie was really good. Played Weird Al's 'Another one rides the bus' for my kids recently. They loved it. Shortly after we were traveling and got on a bus and two of them started signing. Got some interesting looks from strangers.

Taking 2 of my boys to see Danny Elfman. They're all into Oingo Boingo, so figure I should take them while they will still go with me. My oldest is 13, so figure time is dwindling. Pretty sure all 3 of my boys would say their favorite band is Boingo. Though none of them are really into music much. I blame Napster for ruining the music business.

If Napster and streaming did anything it was make music accessible to everyone with a computer and created multiple generations of wanna be musicians and artists. And it took a lot of money out of musicians pockets.

If Napster and streaming did anything it was make music accessible to everyone with a computer and created multiple generations of wanna be musicians and artists. And it took a lot of money out of musicians pockets.

Yes, great for most to get existing free music. However, when you pull out all the revenue, the industry stops funding performers. This leads to not as many performers because they have to get a real job. Then the only way the performers can make money is by touring. Some bands are better in the studio and suck at live performance or vice versa.

So when people complain that music sucks now. I believe it's because none of the artists got paid after Napster, leading to a shortage of good music.

Yes, great for most to get existing free music. However, when you pull out all the revenue, the industry stops funding performers. This leads to not as many performers because they have to get a real job. Then the only way the performers can make money is by touring. Some bands are better in the studio and suck at live performance or vice versa.

So when people complain that music sucks now. I believe it's because none of the artists got paid after Napster, leading to a shortage of good music.

Top 10 Pollstar 2022 Worldwide Tours (Midyear)

1. Bad Bunny – $120.1 million
  2. Genesis – $72 million
  3. Elton John – $70 million
  4. BTS – $69.3 million
  5. Morgan Wallen – $58.3 million
  6. Eric Church – $56.3 million
  7. The Eagles – $55 million
  8. John Mayer – $51.8 million
  9. Coldplay – $44.7 million
  10. Garth Brooks – $44.3 million
Elton John comes in in North American tours at number two behind the incomparable Bad Bunny. The Eagles and Genesis also make the top ten in North America, as do BTS, Morgan Wallen, Garth Brooks, Eric Church, and John Mayer.

@suicideking I think there's a hell of a lot of talented new bands out. Even if they're just regurgitating old sounds and re-introducing it. But Im speaking mostly about metal and hardcore generas.

And absolutely, most of them have some type of side hustle or even full-time gigs that they take time off from to tour. Jobs that actually pay the bills. The difference between us here in the US and bands in European countries is they that have govt resources to help support them.

There's definitely more "work" involved in being a full time musician these days. But I would argue that there's also more access to different streams (no pun) of revenue for them to earn from their talents.

Top 10 Pollstar 2022 Worldwide Tours (Midyear)

1. Bad Bunny – $120.1 million
  2. Genesis – $72 million
  3. Elton John – $70 million
  4. BTS – $69.3 million
  5. Morgan Wallen – $58.3 million
  6. Eric Church – $56.3 million
  7. The Eagles – $55 million
  8. John Mayer – $51.8 million
  9. Coldplay – $44.7 million
  10. Garth Brooks – $44.3 million
Elton John comes in in North American tours at number two behind the incomparable Bad Bunny. The Eagles and Genesis also make the top ten in North America, as do BTS, Morgan Wallen, Garth Brooks, Eric Church, and John Mayer.

I cannot find Oxblood on Spotify :(

Wife #1 stole the recording we bought when we saw these guys live. She is dead to me.

• Sad
Reactions: Apparition