Your thoughts on this Jeep?

Looks pretty darn clean, but I agree that dash is just silly. Frame looks clean from the exterior, but being a PA Jeep, you'd better check the frame interior carefully.

I'm staying away look at this photo of another TJ. Coverup jobs!
Jeep10.jpg

I wouldn't trust the millage one GD bit.

The door panels look like they were a 3rd grade art project, the dash was painted by myopic Rhinoceros, The gauges are fuck all hideous and God only knows what the PO did to the electrical system doing said gauges and radio.

Run.

Last edited:
Reactions: mattyice2
the hodgepodge of dash gauges and the stupid large drag racing tach are Re-Todd-Ed

Reactions: mattyice2
That tachometer looks like an old grocery store produce scale.
The heater and upper radiator hoses bother me. If you can't replace them with the correct molded hoses I question anything else that has been done. I'm sure it was patched together by the dealers mechanic. Given all the new parts they list I have to wonder what it looked like when they got it.

painted or not that frame 'looks' awesome, no other telltale signs of rust, lines are straight, no bulging around the openings or where the tc skid meets the frame, the torque boxes appear rust free as do the fenders which is consistent with the frame.

In Philly, in 2022, for that price, regardless of the circus going on inside with that dash there's no way I'd automatically write this one off based on the photos alone.

You may get there & see something different that makes it a no-go, but if it's close enough by you've got zero to lose by taking a ride to check it out in person.

As for it being from a dealer, meh, just like a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time so do dealers.

Edit: & if you want I'll roll with you, pick me up in West Chester on your way :LOL:

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I'd check it out if it was near me. The dash can be fixed.
p.s. I can get you a mint 98' auto with 60,000 miles on it if you want to pay $18,000. :unsure:

Beautiful Classic 1998 Jeep 6 cylinder Wrangler Sport, VERY LOW MILEAGE (60,200 miles), complete with canvas top and all accessories (see pictures). Nearly new tires. May, 2022 inspection sticker. Perfect graduation present! Must be seen in person: the pictures don’t do it justice.
jeep low miles.jpg

Last edited:
the instrument panel and associated wiring would be enough to put me off. lord only knows what’s hidden behind it. just my two cents.

I could not live with those homemade door panels. Or the gauges. Like the poster above said, I hate to buy a used car with stereo wiring modified moreless whatever is going on here. The mismatching spare is pretty sad and it's got older style factory wheels that were put on at some point. It's sort of an oddball Jeep. Looks like a used car dealer trying to pretty it up that doesn't know anything about Jeeps.

TJ stock wiring is too complex for that dash not have all the warning lights, etc. In other words it has been poorly altered and likely is at a car lot for a reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obi-Wan