Seat functions inadequate

Christian.mers

The photos of the rubber piece is my way of asking if any of you know what this piece is called and how I could replace it so people getting in and out of my jeep quit scrapping themselves. I was also curious about this pull tab, I heard around that if you pulled it the seats lifted up and slid fowards. Currently I’m using the little switch underneath the seat and listing it but I was wondering if I could somehow get this pull tab to work so it’s more convenient in the future. Thank you for your help!

IMG_1357.jpeg

IMG_1356.jpeg

IMG_1939.jpeg

If the seat tumbler isn’t working the cable might have snapped. Take the seat out to inspect it. The cable is part number 5093678AA if you need one. Easy enough to replace.

I don’t know what the little tumbler lever covers are called! You might just need to make something.

To replace that little cap on the lever, I actually yanked one off another seat that I bought for parts. It's actually a good idea for a 3D-print job, so you might consider suggesting it here or here. Or consider calling a place like one of these.

And that tab up top is used to tilt the seat-back forward. It does the same thing as the lower lever that's missing the cap/cover. Either way, the seat-back just tilts forward. But if your seat has the fold-and-tumble feature, then when the seat back tilts all the way forward, it triggers another lever located under the seat. You can see pics here. My notes are here.

that tab up top is used to tilt the seat-back forward. It does the same thing as the lower lever that's missing the cap/cover. Either way, the seat-back just tilts forward. But if your seat has the fold-and-tumble feature, then when the seat back tilts all the way forward, it triggers another lever located under the seat. You can see pics here. My notes are here.

I have the Tumble Feature but that back lever with the missing piece doesn’t activate it. I have to use the little lever under that passenger seat if I want to be able to tumble my seat. This is be an Issue with one of the cables or something? No matter how far I tilt my seat the Tumble feature still doesn’t activate unless I use the under seat Lever. 97’ TJ

I have the Tumble Feature but that back lever with the missing piece doesn’t activate it. I have to use the little lever under that passenger seat if I want to be able to tumble my seat. This is be an Issue with one of the cables or something? No matter how far I tilt my seat the Tumble feature still doesn’t activate unless I use the under seat Lever. 97’ TJ

Right. Have a look at those pics I posted. The lever under the seat can be used manually, or can be triggered by a second cable that runs to the inside corner of the seat bottom. That mechanism is separate from the cable that allows the seat back to tilt forward.