04’ JMT’s Twin Teenagers Build

What? You have an Nth TT? That’s crazy. Super nice. We could do that. Just need a rear shaft and SYE

And a Skid Row engine skid. We will have to fab up some brackets to attach it to the motor mounts but that shouldn't be hard.

And a Skid Row engine skid. We will have to fab up some brackets to attach it to the motor mounts but that shouldn't be hard.
I don’t even have an engine skid yet. 🤣 So far I haven’t needed one.

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
I don’t even have an engine skid yet. 🤣 So far I haven’t needed one.

Shit then you ain't been wheelin hard enough. That skid has a nice WOW bend in it from landing on a rock. I think we could bend it back on my press.

What? You have an Nth TT? That’s crazy. Super nice. We could do that. Just need a rear shaft and SYE
Would the other half of @DrDmoney's case work? IIRC you used the rear half of your old one and the front of his.

Reactions: Wildman
I think you need to make another trip over to visit. Bring the twins with you too.

I know I still have the mounting stuff for the Skid Row skid just don't know where in my mess it is right now. You can put the engine skid on either rig I'll let you decide. But they are both here for ya.

Reactions: RINC
Would the other half of @DrDmoney's case work? IIRC you used the rear half of your old one and the front of his.
We can use that SYE and possibly the shaft. Just depends on measurements. Almost forgot we had that SYE. Duh.

We also need to rebuild the joints on the rear CA's.

I think that's all.

A TT is really nice.

We can use that SYE and possibly the shaft. Just depends on measurements. Almost forgot we had that SYE. Duh.

We also need to rebuild the joints on the rear CA's.

I think that's all.

A TT is really nice.
He has a rear 44 so you'd need a conversion joint or a new yoke. My guess is the DS will be a bit short since the 44 is bigger than the 35 but it should fit. If you have a local driveline shop they can extend the shaft for under $100, TW may even offer it as a service on non TW shafts but I'm not sure.

I’d probably agree, the only pause I’d have is how unreal the traction is there!
Some trails like Hells Revenge have tons of traction. Probably don't really need lockers. @DylanM345 walked up Hell's Gate. 👍🏻

Others like TOTW have dirt and ledges that have dirt on the rock and cause slippage. Locker a big help on a few spots. A good case in point was watching @DylanM345 on a spot on that trail. Sorry to call you out Dylan! You did make it over that one undercut ledge. I was worried you were going to break something, but I think that's part of the freedom of running open, you can give it a little more skinny pedal. I remembered doing that when I was open to get up some ledges. I remember @ac_ on the same trail, different spot in 2019 trying to run a portion open in 2wd and destroying a CA mount and some other stuff.

In the end, it's sort of a matter of which trails you're planning to do. The toughest trails like Pritchett, I'd think a TT would be almost required.

I don't remember having any issues with TCase skid clearance in 2019 when I didn't have a TT. We did Poison Spyder, TOTW, Hell's, Fins, and Elephant Hill on that trip. I think I was on 2.5" OME + 1.25" BL, 33's, 456 gears, front and rear lockers at the time.

Looks like @Wildman has a Nth degree belly up skid plate he's willing to donate to the twins, so I can't think of any good reasons not to mount that up! Then they'd have that AND a front locker; a very good place to be!

Last edited:
It's been too long since I have been to Moab but I don't remember many trails where skid clearance was a issue.
But up here in the PNW clearance is important. So if I can contribute to the cause and allow the twins to now only need to save for a locker I'm in.
They are sitting outside the garage door 🚪 just waiting for you.

20210911_104143.jpg

The Nth Degree tummy tuck.

20210911_104152.jpg

And here is the wow in the Skid Row skid.

20210911_104200.jpg

Still lockers are the best thing to do they’ll get you to where the TT matters.
And they’ll drag you over the rock and a hard place. One reason armor really important IMHO, especially for smaller rigs.
Having a rubicon did spoil me enough to never have to choose between the two, even though I know they’re going to fail eventually.

Reactions: JMT and Wildman
Some trails like Hells Revenge have tons of traction. Probably don't really need lockers. @DylanM345 walked up Hell's Gate. 👍🏻

Others like TOTW have dirt and ledges that have dirt on the rock and cause slippage. Locker a big help on a few spots. A good case in point was watching @DylanM345 on a spot on that trail. Sorry to call you out Dylan! You did make it over that one undercut ledge. I was worried you were going to break something, but I think that's part of the freedom of running open, you can give it a little more skinny pedal. I remembered doing that when I was open to get up some ledges. I
No worries lol. I know exactly which spot youre talking about, I have the video and it was the only spot where I had to stack rocks... funny thing is, later in the day I was told I didnt even use the rocks I stacked😂

No worries lol. I know exactly which spot youre talking about, I have the video and it was the only spot where I had to stack rocks... funny thing is, later in the day I was told I didnt even use the rocks I stacked😂
I remember now, yeah, the rocks all fell down. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney and D M

Others like TOTW have dirt and ledges that have dirt on the rock and cause slippage. Locker a big help on a few spots. A good case in point was watching @DylanM345 on a spot on that trail. Sorry to call you out Dylan! You did make it over that one undercut ledge. I was worried you were going to break something, but I think that's part of the freedom of running open, you can give it a little more skinny pedal. I remembered doing that when I was open to get up some ledges. I remember @ac_ on the same trail, different spot in 2019 trying to run a portion open in 2wd and destroying a CA mount and some other stuff.

In the end, it's sort of a matter of which trails you're planning to do. The toughest trails like Pritchett, I'd think a TT would be almost required.

I don't remember having any issues with TCase skid clearance in 2019 when I didn't have a TT. We did Poison Spyder, TOTW, Hell's, Fins, and Elephant Hill on that trip. I think I was on 2.5" OME + 1.25" BL, 33's, 456 gears, front and rear lockers at the time.

Looks like @Wildman has a Nth degree belly up skid plate he's willing to donate to the twins, so I can't think of any good reasons not to mount that up! Then they'd have that AND a front locker; a very good place to be!
Yep broke the CA mount on the front axle, and bent the piss our of my front driveline. I also broke my trans mount and all of my transfer case shifting linkage.

It was a rough go in 2WD. I did it to myself as I had front and rear lockers, and the 4 wheel drive worked at the time.

If I recall correctly, the reason why I was so stupid was that @lowranger didn't want to go any further, because he was afraid of breaking his rig and someone said that the trail was so easy they could do it in 2wd. So I originally wanted to go back down with @lowranger, but Robyn (my mate) wanted me to keep going up, so for fun, I decided to see if I could actually do it in 2wd. Short answer is no.

Also forgot to mention It blew out the bottom seal in the steering boxs which started leaking everywhere. So that stunt cost me a new trans mount, new transfer case cable conversion, new steering box, new reinforced front CA brackets (control arm) and a front drive line. lol.

All stupid because I had 4 wheel low and front and rear E lockers and I wanted the challenge. My mamma always told me I was my own worst nightmare!!

Yep broke the CA mount on the front axle, and bent the piss our of my front driveline. I also broke my trans mount and all of my transfer case shifting linkage.

It was a rough go in 2WD. I did it to myself as I had front and rear lockers, and the 4 wheel drive worked at the time.

If I recall correctly, the reason why I was so stupid was that @lowranger didn't want to go any further, because he was afraid of breaking his rig and someone said that the trail was so easy they could do it in 2wd. So I originally wanted to go back down with @lowranger, but Robyn (my mate) wanted me to keep going up, so for fun, I decided to see if I could actually do it in 2wd. Short answer is no.

Also forgot to mention It blew out the bottom seal in the steering boxs which started leaking everywhere. So that stunt cost me a new trans mount, new transfer case cable conversion, new steering box, new reinforced front CA brackets (control arm) and a front drive line. lol.

All stupid because I had 4 wheel low and front and rear E lockers and I wanted the challenge. My mamma always told me I was my own worst nightmare!!
If you're gonna be dumb, ya better be tough!