04 LJK Repair, Redo, Recycle - The 3 R's of a First Build

I sold off all my old metalcloak suspension today. The local market is so hit and miss (mostly miss) when you aren't offering rock bottom pricing but if you're willing to ship on Facebook Groups it really opens up the market to used jeep parts. I luckily had been saving a few heavy duty boxes because it was about 200lbs of steel parts in three boxes. The Adams driveshafts boxes fit the springs perfectly with a shock stuffed in middle of each pair. Costed me $300 to ship with insurance to north Dakota which actually I found semis reasonable. Makes you realize how much shipping really costs after you get used to Amazon Prime pricing.

PXL_20210919_233554411.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: someguysjeep
I sold off all my old metalcloak suspension today. The local market is so hit and miss (mostly miss) when you aren't offering rock bottom pricing but if you're willing to ship on Facebook Groups it really opens up the market to used jeep parts. I luckily had been saving a few heavy duty boxes because it was about 200lbs of steel parts in three boxes. The Adams driveshafts boxes fit the springs perfectly with a shock stuffed in middle of each pair. Costed me $300 to ship with insurance to north Dakota which actually I found semis reasonable. Makes you realize how much shipping really costs after you get used to Amazon Prime pricing.

View attachment 278223
Yeah, I had a set of gears shipped to me from Oregon... It was 90 dollars!

Reactions: B00mb00m
Driver mod can be very beneficial.
Ive been trying to get my 10 year old daughter to drive for me but she's still hesitant. I even tell her if you break it you don't have to pay for it.

Is the money paying off past Jeep purchases or financing new Jeep purchases? :D
Hah I try not to keep track of past or present! The thing I really want, in fact I want it so bad I may consider implementing a jeep budget... Is a truck camper.

I just finished my summer project which is for future camper parking. Went from grass and bushes to gravel. I want to get one of those versa tube style carports because if I drop 30k on a camper I need it to be protected from the elements. What do you use for your camper protection Dave?

PXL_20210920_012810240.jpg

Flat rate boxes are your friend. Shipped a 69.5lb steel hole punch from NY to OR for $19
Now that is a well utilized flat rate. I bet you got a head nod of respect from the USPS guy for that one. Legit.

Now that is a well utilized flat rate. I bet you got a head nod of respect from the USPS guy for that one. Legit.
Pretty sure he gave me the finger. Heard the thud of the box hitting the driveway from the other side of the house lol

• Haha
Reactions: B00mb00m
Hah I try not to keep track of past or present! The thing I really want, in fact I want it so bad I may consider implementing a jeep budget... Is a truck camper.

I just finished my summer project which is for future camper parking. Went from grass and bushes to gravel. I want to get one of those versa tube style carports because if I drop 30k on a camper I need it to be protected from the elements. What do you use for your camper protection Dave?

View attachment 278240
I just throw a tarp over it if it going to sit still long, but we use it all year long. Longer term I'd love to build a carport for it, but it would be in the "not cheap" range, at least all the ones I've seen.

The truck camper though has been just awesome alone or enabling our Jeep hobby.

Ive been trying to get my 10 year old daughter to drive for me but she's still hesitant. I even tell her if you break it you don't have to pay for it.

To be clear the "driver mod" was not aimed at anyone. I have learned a lot the last 3 years. My driver mod is improved every time I go.

To be clear the "driver mod" was not aimed at anyone. I have learned a lot the last 3 years. My driver mod is improved every time I go.
According to my wife, my 'driver mod' has gotten worse the more I drive... where I used to go "around the rocks on the smooth part" now I seem to always "hit the biggest possible rock in the area".... *shrug*

According to my wife, my 'driver mod' has gotten worse the more I drive... where I used to go "around the rocks on the smooth part" now I seem to always "hit the biggest possible rock in the area".... *shrug*
We need to go wheeling Dave! Reiter is getting better and better.

Im a student of the game, I really do geek out on rock crawling and line choice and wheeling techniques. I posed a question to Blaine yesterday, how do we talk more about wheeling on this forum? We barely mention it save for a brief video clip or giant rage fest over control arm Length. I'm going to post up some clips from Reiter last night. Seeing as I finally have a home computer for the first time in 5 years.

We need to go wheeling Dave! Reiter is getting better and better.
Would love to, just have to find a time that works. Can't go this weekend, I'm on call and hoping to start installing my new sliders... I could go the 2nd or 3rd, but that depends on if I get the sliders installed by then. They've been sitting in my garage too long already since I keep using the Jeep instead of working on it :)

Would love to, just have to find a time that works. Can't go this weekend, I'm on call and hoping to start installing my new sliders... I could go the 2nd or 3rd, but that depends on if I get the sliders installed by then. They've been sitting in my garage too long already since I keep using the Jeep instead of working on it :)
ya you're telling me, for my October wheeling I'd like to a campout weekend at Tahuya. It's been 7 months since I did terrible out there and id like to try it out with new tires and lower crawl ratio.

Reactions: tombicon and DaveF