05' JMT's Twin Teenager's Rubicon Build

I am sure they are nice covers, but that prominent logo irritates me more than I can tolerate. I called them and politely asked if they would do a one-off without that logo or if they could put the logo in the backside of the seat, and they refused both (not surprising I guess).

I'm with you about logos. I was very happy prp had an option to not have one.

Too bad more companies don't have the mindset that if they make a good product people will advertise / advocate for them better than any glance at a logo can. Besttop comes to mind.

Reactions: FarFire70
I'm with you about logos. I was very happy prp had an option to not have one.

Too bad more companies don't have the mindset that if they make a good product people will advertise / advocate for them better than any glance at a logo can. Besttop comes to mind.

It's not the presence of a logo that bothers me but the obnoxious-ness of it. I have the same reaction to car manufacturers (and clothing companies) continuously increasing the size of the logos/badge as well.

In 20 years, we went from this ..

1697349685417.png

to this ...

1697349471334.png

It's a goddamned E-class, let the lines of car speak for itself!

And don't even get me started about the rear badging :sick:🤮 Simplicity seems to have just taken a backseat to gaudiness, and this is more the case for car interiors.

Reactions: Alex01
I've been pretty happy with my seat covers, and they are budget friendly. You'll have to look in my build as the name of the company escapes me right now.

UPDATE! The jeep is fixed! I’ve been trying to learn everything there is about fuel pump problems over the last couple weeks. However, Thanks to Alex, I found it was just a simple voltage issue.

Last week, I hooked up the jeep's battery to my brother's rig, and it started right up! This sounded like a battery problem which really surprised me as l had just replaced the battery one year ago. I drove it up to O’Reilly's to get the battery load tested and the load tester wouldn't even draw enough voltage from the positive terminal to even load test the battery. I took a closer look at my terminals, and decided I'd try and replace the positive terminal as it was looking pretty rough. So, I went ahead and ordered a new battery terminal from Dorman Solutions for 15$. The part got here Friday night, installed in 10 minutes, and it started first time! It now starts and drives better than it ever has!

View attachment 465653Found the old terminal was missing a whole side!
View attachment 465654
New terminal :cool:

View attachment 465655
I think this was a great learning experience, however, it did drive me kind of crazy (my dad can testify). Next project is to rewire the side markers and hopefully get rid of the feedback in my dash. Also, seat heaters are all wired up and ready to be plugged in. Any suggestions on seat covers? Don't really want to take off all the stock covers and deal with all the pins.

Check out Cal-Trend seat covers. Installed them 2 years ago so far so good.

Seat covers can make your seats look better but both sets of stock seats I've had are not that comfortable to begin with. Isn't a cover just lipstick on a pig?

Reactions: PNW_LJ and JMT
Yeah, I've got CalTrend. The prices have gone up substantially in the last couple of years. I got a set for $140. They are way more than that now. Iggee's are still reasonable.

Even Iggee has gone up in price. Not a lot, but still higher than before.

Reactions: JMT
My dad "JMT" has the Cal-trend covers, I'd love a set, but kinda pricy for just a seat cover. Liking the look of those Igee covers, but I know a lot of people don't like the fact that vinyl is just like leather and gets hot and cold. These are just covering up some seat heaters, so I don't have to deal with taking off the stock covers.

Last edited:
My dad "JMT" has the Cal-trend covers, I'd love a set, but kinda pricy for just a seat cover. Liking the look of those Igee covers, but I know a lot of people don't like the fact that vinyl is just like leather and gets hot and cold. These are just covering up some seat heaters, so I don't have to deal with taking off the stock covers.

If you wait long enough, I’ll probably buy some PRP seats. Then you can have mine. 🤣

Kaleb went to the state line today to pick up a new windshield bracket and windshield. His has rust, so he’s going to paint this one. The windshield is better too, and only some small stars, so it can probably be filled so they do t split out further. He went crazy and 4.5 hours later it’s ready to paint. He’s very meticulous. Good work K! Really nice. Great project you’ve taken on.

IMG_1989.jpeg

IMG_1990.jpeg

IMG_1991.jpeg

Last edited:
Kaleb went to the state line today to pick up a new windshield bracket and windshield. His has rust, so he’s going to paint this one. The windshield is better too, and only some small stars, so it can probably be filled so they do t split out further. He went crazy and 4.5 hours later it’s ready to paint. He’s very meticulous. Good work K! Really nice. Great project you’ve taken on.

View attachment 470348

View attachment 470349

View attachment 470350

Nice mohawk helmet.

• Haha
Reactions: JMT and bobthetj03
Kaleb’s windshield frame had some rust, as well as the cowl which had a quarter size hole on the driver side just under the cracked windshield. I found one in ID, and he went and bought the frame and better windshield.

IMG_1988.jpeg

He prepped the windshield and taped it off. He fixed the quarter size hole in the cowl, as well as three holes in one of the new windshield hinge brackets.

IMG_1991.jpeg

Prepped and painted with Patriot Blue. This color has worked well for us before. Pretty much a Perfect Match. We clear coated it with 2K gloss clear through an HVLP gun. Turned out way better. Now just sorting out how to do the hinge pins.

IMG_2006.jpeg

IMG_2007.jpeg

IMG_2008.jpeg

IMG_2009.jpeg