05 Sport build (Mid Life Crisis)

Got the rockers

IMG_6147.jpeg

on too!
IMG_6146.jpeg

Yesterday I finally got the exhaust down and installed the RMS and pan gasket. Installed a new speedo gear and attached the t-case to the ax-15.I hope it don’t give me trouble. Reloomed 80% of the wiring harness under the Jeep.

Today I’m going to attach the precat back to the manifold and put the drivetrain back in and all the little bits and hopefully finish up.

IMG_6364.jpeg

IMG_6363.jpeg

IMG_6376.jpeg

IMG_6372.jpeg

IMG_6375.jpeg

IMG_6377.jpeg

IMG_6379.jpeg

Trans is in fluids are in and all that’s left is the interior. I got to figure out the shifter boot and that stuff.
My neighbor let me use his motorcycle jack. I don’t think I would have been able to do it without it,
I’m exhausted 😴.
2 1/2 days working on this Jeep made me question my hobbies.
Thank the good Lord for his help!!! Glory to him.
Now praying no leaks..

IMG_6380.jpeg

Trans is in fluids are in and all that’s left is the interior. I got to figure out the shifter boot and that stuff.
My neighbor let me use his motorcycle jack. I don’t think I would have been able to do it without it,
I’m exhausted 😴.
2 1/2 days working on this Jeep made me question my hobbies.
Thank the good Lord for his help!!! Glory to him.
Now praying no leaks..

View attachment 508364

Good job! Looks great under your rig. Praying no leaks!

Update on this Jeep.

Good news
No signs of leaks on RMS or pan.
Drives good and trans feel tight

Bad news
The knocking noise is still there :mad:
Small exhaust tick or leak (prolly go away after tightening the bolts)
Small clutch noise on take off (like disc scratching the flywheel) seems to be going away

I'm starting to give up on this Jeep. I just want it to drive good and that knocking, ratcheting noise to go away.
I noticed the timing chain had some play in it when the pan was off.
Could this be the noise under acceleration I'm hearing?

Sounds like its coming from the front and taps faster as the Jeep goes faster.
Its not there If I push the clutch in and rev the engine
I'll try to get a video of the noise this week and post.

I stopped by Hudlow's yesterday to check on my case, the mechanic told me he hasn't had a chance to look in the case.
This is after the day before I called and Dallas told me it was opened and no problems were found.

So I meet them this morning when they opened the doors to figure out what is going on down there.
Dallas tells me "give us 2 hours and we will have it back together"
I say lets go look at this case.

And there it was in the same box with my driveshaft not even touched.
I explained to him, I've been chasing a noise/problem for a year and I can't be told there's not a problem with this case and overlook it.
I'm going to give them till next Thursday to go over this case and if they haven' touched it, its coming home with me.
I've seen this place go down hill majorly in the last few years and will not go back. bad communication. customer service, and I feel like 2 weeks is plenty of time to look at a case.
On one hand I'm glad there's a chance it still is my problem, on the other hand its been a roller coaster for sure.

I stopped by Hudlow's yesterday to check on my case, the mechanic told me he hasn't had a chance to look in the case.
This is after the day before I called and Dallas told me it was opened and no problems were found.

So I meet them this morning when they opened the doors to figure out what is going on down there.

I explained to him, I've been chasing a noise/problem for a year and I can't be told there's not a problem with this case and overlook it.
I'm going to give them till next Thursday to go over this case and if they haven' touched it, its coming home with me.
I've seen this place go down hill majorly in the last few years and will not go back. bad communication. customer service, and I feel like 2 weeks is plenty of time to look at a case.
On one hand I'm glad there's a chance it still is my problem, on the other hand its been a roller coaster for sure.

Is this noise only when you’re moving? Can you get a stethoscope and narrow down where the sound is coming from? I think I’d go get my case and driveshaft from that shop. Congrats on the RMS.

Reactions: DougyintheBushies
Is this noise only when you’re moving? Can you get a stethoscope and narrow down where the sound is coming from? I think I’d go get my case and driveshaft from that shop. Congrats on the RMS.

Yes only under load. like a zip tie on the driveshaft or baseball card in spokes type noise. I can press the clutch in and rev no noises.
It has to be in the case, I've rebuilt the whole driveline except unit bearings and ball joints, and I don't think its them.

• Wow
Reactions: John Cooper
Yes only under load. like a zip tie on the driveshaft or baseball card in spokes type noise. I can press the clutch in and rev no noises.
It has to be in the case, I've rebuilt the whole driveline except unit bearings and ball joints, and I don't think its them.

Can you replicate the sound with it on jack stands?

Reactions: John Cooper
Just got a call from the shop. He said he found it . The joint in the drive shaft is bad. He said the case looked good and the shaft tested good on the machine but he rotated it and found it.
I couldn’t test it by pulling the rear cause the front auto locker wanted to push me in a ditch.
We’ll see.

Not the same as when Steve was there.

Reactions: DougyintheBushies