06 with smoker's package but no ash-tray

Joeinnewjersey

TJ Enthusiast
It has the cig lighter but where is the ash tray? There is a box near the buttons under the radio but it neither opens nor slides out. What gives?

Like Mac said your ashtray was a insert into one of the cup holders.

1705501307099.png

1705501330152.png

This example is off Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1860867754...pid=5337789113&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

Reactions: Fulton_Hogan
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
When I bought my 05 new it had the smokers package. Cig lighter and ashtray in the cup holder. I would have preferred the swing out ash tray. Now I have a switch for the locker in that spot.

Reactions: Wildman
My TJ had an ash tray.

A few of us were talking about this not too long ago--we were trying to light a propane fire pit and nobody had a lighter/match. So we all went and looked in our vehicles for the cigarette lighter. Out of the five vehicles there, mine was the only vehicle (and the oldest, a 2012) that still had a cigarette lighter.

He was lucky enough to get one from 12 volt guy,before he disappeared.

bummer. I could do most of that but the bars themselves would be a challenge. I assume the ends are threaded to take a screw from the backside and I don't have a way to fixture that to make a straight hole.

Reactions: Wildman
My TJ had an ash tray.

A few of us were talking about this not too long ago--we were trying to light a propane fire pit and nobody had a lighter/match. So we all went and looked in our vehicles for the cigarette lighter. Out of the five vehicles there, mine was the only vehicle (and the oldest, a 2012) that still had a cigarette lighter.

You have a 2012 TJ?!

Reactions: TheBoogieman