06 with smoker's package but no ash-tray

Joeinnewjersey

TJ Enthusiast
It has the cig lighter but where is the ash tray? There is a box near the buttons under the radio but it neither opens nor slides out. What gives?

Like Mac said your ashtray was a insert into one of the cup holders.

1705501307099.png

1705501330152.png

This example is off Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1860867754...pid=5337789113&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

Reactions: Fulton_Hogan
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Nasty! Glad mine is gone/missing.

I have something similar I use in my truck since I smoke my cigars sometimes in it. Not sure what is worse, ash and smell of the smoke or when I chewed the spit bottles...

When I bought my 05 new it had the smokers package. Cig lighter and ashtray in the cup holder. I would have preferred the swing out ash tray. Now I have a switch for the locker in that spot.

Reactions: Wildman
My TJ had an ash tray.

A few of us were talking about this not too long ago--we were trying to light a propane fire pit and nobody had a lighter/match. So we all went and looked in our vehicles for the cigarette lighter. Out of the five vehicles there, mine was the only vehicle (and the oldest, a 2012) that still had a cigarette lighter.

He was lucky enough to get one from 12 volt guy,before he disappeared.

bummer. I could do most of that but the bars themselves would be a challenge. I assume the ends are threaded to take a screw from the backside and I don't have a way to fixture that to make a straight hole.

Reactions: Wildman
My TJ had an ash tray.

A few of us were talking about this not too long ago--we were trying to light a propane fire pit and nobody had a lighter/match. So we all went and looked in our vehicles for the cigarette lighter. Out of the five vehicles there, mine was the only vehicle (and the oldest, a 2012) that still had a cigarette lighter.

You have a 2012 TJ?!

Reactions: TheBoogieman