1 inch lift recommendations?

Now i know why everyone who gets to 33's... ends up going to 35's... "might as well".
I run the Zone 4.25" combo lift and to be honest if I were to do it all over again with more money, I would have went with the 4" SL + 1.25" BL, DC, SYE, Super 35 Kit, chromoly shafts, selectable lockers, re-gear and blah blah blah 35's. The Zone 4.25" lift kit has the best bang for your buck though and it is great for 33's and has a great amount of clearance for your tires on the trail. I doubt 2" of lift will get you very far though with 33's besides mall crawling. I rubbed day in and day out with 31's and no lift so don't except much out of a 2" lift and 33's, but if it makes you happy no one is going to stop you.

Look at KyleSVT on YouTube, his Jeep looks cool on 35's with no lift but good luck with something like that on the trail.

Reactions: Sancho
I’m having the hideous 3” BL taken off my ‘02 and installing a 1.25” in its place in case I get 33’s sometime in the future. I’d like a more aggressive stance, but I’m not going any higher with BL. I don’t do any serious wheeling anymore; mainly Class 6 roads and light stuff.
I was thinking if a 1” lift because it keeps me out of the technical stuff like SYE and such. Any suggestions on a good quality kit (if they exist)?
So you are on 31,s now? got a few pics with the 3" BL, why not stick with your original plan and only go to 32,s if you want to change up to bigger tyres
Why would you need 33,s? I think you might find 31,s will look good with just a 1.75" budget boost or easier just the 1.25 BL given you have to take out the 3" BL anyway. You said you dont go off road much and only very light stuff so why build for more extreme off road conditions. get a wider 31 like a 31X11.50R15 that looks aggressive on the sidewalls.

Dont take my thoughts as advice cos I am still stock on 29.s but given the Rubicon was trail rated on smallish 31,s closer to 30,s cant see myself ever needing anything lifted above an inch. :)

Reactions: Richard1958
So you are on 31,s now? got a few pics with the 3" BL, why not stick with your original plan and only go to 32,s if you want to change up to bigger tyres
Why would you need 33,s? I think you might find 31,s will look good with just a 1.75" budget boost or easier just the 1.25 BL given you have to take out the 3" BL anyway. You said you dont go off road much and only very light stuff so why build for more extreme off road conditions. get a wider 31 like a 31X11.50R15 that looks aggressive on the sidewalls.

Dont take my thoughts as advice cos I am still stock on 29.s but given the Rubicon was trail rated on smallish 31,s closer to 30,s cant see myself ever needing anything lifted above an inch. :)
My Rubicon isn't Trail Rated. 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: ColoJeep
I run the Zone 4.25" combo lift and to be honest if I were to do it all over again with more money, I would have went with the 4" SL + 1.25" BL, DC, SYE, Super 35 Kit, chromoly shafts, selectable lockers, re-gear and blah blah blah 35's. The Zone 4.25" lift kit has the best bang for your buck though and it is great for 33's and has a great amount of clearance for your tires on the trail. I doubt 2" of lift will get you very far though with 33's besides mall crawling. I rubbed day in and day out with 31's and no lift so don't except much out of a 2" lift and 33's, but if it makes you happy no one is going to stop you.

Look at KyleSVT on YouTube, his Jeep looks cool on 35's with no lift but good luck with something like that on the trail.
I think I’ve ruled out 33s. Did some more reading and it seems the switch from 31 to 33 opens up a can of worms as regards durability of the stock steering parts. Sounds like to do it right, one should upgrade things like the steering box, etc.
Plus I just priced out 5 ProComps…😑

I wasn't sure, I thought they were tested for trail rating? If not don't be sad the badges are cheap as chips to buy even my stock 06 has them lol
The first ones didn't get the badge. Later on they did, along with almost everything else Jeep made.

... Sounds like to do it right, one should upgrade things like the steering box, etc.

No one told me that. Steering links, yes. But the only reason I want hydro assist and a PSC box is because of what I do with mine.

Plus I just priced out 5 ProComps…😑

Tires or wheels? Pro Comp tires are garbage.

Last edited:
The only testing for the Trail Rated badge was performed by Jeep’s Marketing Department….

🙃
If you worked for them, I'm OK with that. 👍
p.s. My 03' Rubicon didn't come with the TR honor badge, so I bought one. Oops wrong one. I thought/hoped I'd have to remove it by now.
Covid 4x4 (3).jpg

1" on a 1.25BL, now OP has seen the price of a set of 5 33,s he may as well just dump the 3' BL and later down the track get a 2" budget boost if he feels he needs lift.
I’ve settled on the H&R 1” springs and a set of Rancho RS5000x. Final thing: bump stops. For such a low lift, what do y’all think…must they be replaced?