1 inch lift recommendations?

I’ve settled on the H&R 1” springs and a set of Rancho RS5000x. Final thing: bump stops. For such a low lift, what do y’all think…must they be replaced?

I think the answer is going to be, "Cycle your suspension and find out." But I'm interested to hear what advice you get.

I’ve settled on the H&R 1” springs and a set of Rancho RS5000x. Final thing: bump stops. For such a low lift, what do y’all think…must they be replaced?

Hello, I was wondering how this turned out. I am installing 31s on my TJ today and want to maintain at least stock uptravel and all. I have the H&R springs and Ranchos coming in the mail soon. Did you have to install bump stops for your set up? Also, I see on Rancho's website the RS5000x is indicated as being for stock height, though on amazon it mentions it being good for up to 1" lifts. Would you say that the shocks are necessary or would the stock shocks be good for the slightly higher spring?

Hello, I was wondering how this turned out. I am installing 31s on my TJ today and want to maintain at least stock uptravel and all. I have the H&R springs and Ranchos coming in the mail soon. Did you have to install bump stops for your set up? Also, I see on Rancho's website the RS5000x is indicated as being for stock height, though on amazon it mentions it being good for up to 1" lifts. Would you say that the shocks are necessary or would the stock shocks be good for the slightly higher spring?

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll find that the Rancho RS5000Xs run a little bit long.

@TJim calculated here and here that the stock-length Ranchos are ideal for 1–1.5" of lift in front and 0.5–1" in back.

Reactions: TJim

I’m thrilled with how it turned out! I didn’t need to do anything about the bump stops and if I had to do this again, I’d do the exact same.
Swap out both the shocks and springs; you’ll be happy with the result!

I’m thrilled with how it turned out! I didn’t need to do anything about the bump stops and if I had to do this again, I’d do the exact same.
Swap out both the shocks and springs; you’ll be happy with the result!

Great, sounds good. I am excited to get it done next week when I have a week off of work. I'll install them, double check clearances in case I need to get a hockey puck or something and start taking it off road. I am so glad to finally get rid of the little 28" street tires the used car dealer installed.

Thank you