1999 TJ has smog issues

You can!!!!! Take off the knee panel and give her the old reach around. It isn't nice but it might be better Than your other optionView attachment 309228

The back of the cluster is open to a point
Do you mean you can get the cluster only out that way, or do you mean take the whole dash out like the picture? My cage ties into the floor along side the dash so it would have to come out either way. But it is really simple, I just want to get one of the monitors set so it will be able to pass smog. The light is the least on my worries

Do you mean you can get the cluster only out that way, or do you mean take the whole dash out like the picture? My cage ties into the floor along side the dash so it would have to come out either way. But it is really simple, I just want to get one of the monitors set so it will be able to pass smog. The light is the least on my worries

I'm almost certain that you can replace the bulb from the back without removing the cluster. They are 1/4 turn connectors. Next time I'm working on mine I'll look at the back while it is in place

Edit. I can fell the light on my 97. With a curved set of needle nose I can remove it

I had one of those, fun little car.
Yeah, it had it's drawbacks and overall limitations but I do very much miss that car. It was rather unique and to date still the only Hybrid I've ever seen come with a manual transmission option.

My IMA battery kicked the bucket, and I couldn't afford to replace it, so I bypassed the IMA so it could drive on the regular engine, but found out CEL was insta fail for smog, which was always absurd, since that car with or without the hybrid battery was a low polluting car even by California standards.

Wish I had lived outside the city but still in the county there as smog wouldn't have been a thing for me then.

1027171741.jpg

1028171408b.jpg

Reactions: pagrey
Those citrus green ones are very rare. If I ever got another one and couldn't find green I'd probably paint it white. First few years I had mine I averaged about 85 mpg. Sometimes I forget those things are over 20 years old, time flies.
Yeah, made in small numbers during the 2000 model year only, but mine was a citrus, 5 speed with A/C. Had I been in a better situation back then, I'd have tried harder to keep it. I averaged 60-75 MPG usually. Driving up I-40W to Flagstaff was the worst though.

If I repaint any car, I'd likely get the code for Kia's Sapphire Blue, it's just the prettiest blue paint I've ever seen and I'm not even a fan of blue lol

Reactions: pagrey
I'm almost certain that you can replace the bulb from the back without removing the cluster. They are 1/4 turn connectors. Next time I'm working on mine I'll look at the back while it is in place

Edit. I can fell the light on my 97. With a curved set of needle nose I can remove it
Well that might save some time. Thank you.