2" ProComp springs on sale right now

CodaMan

California Escapee
Supporting Member
Amazon has the 2" ProComp springs on sale (Front $111 pair / Rear $114 pair). If you're looking for very good 2" lift springs, this is the way to go.

Pro Comp 2" Springs (Front) — EXP55297
Pro Comp 2" Springs (Rear) — EXP55298

Specs:

EXP55297:
FREE HEIGHT..........17.87"
SPRING RATE...LBS/IN...170
SPRING ID.............4.04"
WIRE DIAMETER........0.593"
LOCATION.............FRONT

EXP55298:
FREE HEIGHT..........13.54"
SPRING RATE...LBS/IN...175
SPRING ID.............5.38"
LOCATION..............REAR

Last edited:
Any idea on rates?

Just received this from ProComp

EXP55297:

EXP55298:

Just received this from ProComp

EXP55297:

EXP55298:

Thanks for the info.

Reactions: CodaMan
What is your opinion on those specs?

Too heavy for my light jeep. Fronts are over 1.5" shorter than my OME's and 30 in.lbs. heavier, so they are making up the height with a harder spring. They would be too stiff for me. My current OME 933's are 140 in.lbs. and that's their HD spring.

Reactions: skrelnik
They are down to $102 and $106
On the feed back, guy says he lost 1/2 inch going from a BB to those coils, thoughts ?

Based on the in.lb. specs Codaman posted, I bet they would work nicely on your rig. You have quite a bit of weight on your tail, and you're always packing gear or kids, or both, or a trailer.

Reactions: Thunderhead
They are down to $102 and $106
On the feed back, guy says he lost 1/2 inch going from a BB to those coils, thoughts ?

I actually kept track of all my measurements.

Bone stock to built (aftermarket rear bumper w/tire carrier, aftermarket front bumper w/winch)

ProComp Springs w/.75" front spacers for leveling

Net lift gain with hardtop and full fuel tank =

Front — 2"

Rear — 1.75"

So I would say that they are working as advertised.

Too heavy for my light jeep. Fronts are over 1.5" shorter than my OME's and 30 in.lbs. heavier, so they are making up the height with a harder spring. They would be too stiff for me. My current OME 933's are 140 in.lbs. and that's their HD spring.
That's what I see. The rear is strangely low in lift height according to my spreadsheet. Quite a bit less than the OME 941, their lowest lift rear.

ProComp springs are short and stiff compared to other options.

2003 Rubicon

Reactions: bobthetj03
That's what I see. The rear is strangely low in lift height according to my spreadsheet. Quite a bit less than the OME 941, their lowest lift rear.

ProComp springs are short and stiff compared to other options.

2003 Rubicon

I'm waiting for AOR to get pricing on those Ranchos he posted in another thread. They are closer to what I'm looking for.

I'm waiting for AOR to get pricing on those Ranchos he posted in another thread. They are closer to what I'm looking for.
Much better, imo. Consider the rear OME941. Lighter and longer than Rancho, but with a little more lift. 15.53", 140lbs.

2003 Rubicon

Damn, that's an awesome deal.

As a comparison I paid $167 for the fronts and $167 for the rears with my OME 2" springs.

So yeah, this is a fantastic deal for someone.

Much better, imo. Consider the rear OME941. Lighter and longer than Rancho, but with a little more lift. 15.53", 140lbs.

2003 Rubicon

941's are my first choice, unless the Rancho's end up being stupid cheaper.

Reactions: jjvw
Damn, that's an awesome deal.

As a comparison I paid $167 for the fronts and $167 for the rears with my OME 2" springs.

So yeah, this is a fantastic deal for someone.
Maybe...I see how they are saving money vs OME. They are spacing the coils further apart and probably using slightly bigger diameter. That will bump the spring rate and use less material. It makes the spring stiffer...and Yes, shocks determine ride...but a stiff spring is a stiff spring. If its too stiff, it might overpower the shock...But now I'm just theorizing. I don't know how to measure that.

Reactions: Chris
Maybe...I see how they are saving money vs OME. They are spacing the coils further apart and probably using slightly bigger diameter. That will bump the spring rate and use less material. It makes the spring stiffer...and Yes, shocks determine ride...but a stiff spring is a stiff spring. If its too stiff, it might overpower the shock...But now I'm just theorizing. I don't know how to measure that.
I doubt anyone could tell much difference in ride between these and OME. Zone and BDS coils are a higher rate than ProComp but no one complains about them being too stiff.

2003 Rubicon

I doubt anyone could tell much difference in ride between these and OME. Zone and BDS coils are a higher rate than ProComp but no one complains about them being too stiff.

2003 Rubicon
Right. That's the problem with theory. What actually happens in real life might not be noticeable. I just thought I'd mention it.

Reactions: bobthetj03