$20 door hangers

For a few seconds, yes. Then when closed they are supported by the latch.
If this really concerned you, you could mount an L-bracket on the wall on each side that the bottom of the door could be supported on with some sort of protection, i.e. carpet, for the paint.

What are the dimensions of these plates ? I have a fabricator at work who is great with things like this and a whole lot more ;)

ddfb105d4933b1caa03ce8f58508b66d.jpg

They’re just lower door hinges from Quadratec...too cheap to try to fabricate.

But the dims are 3-3/8”x3-1/8” for two butted together as shown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: liquidfluidity
What are the dimensions of these plates ? I have a fabricator at work who is great with things like this and a whole lot more ;)
Hi @liquidfluidity ,
The bracket were made out a 1 x 1 angle wire 4" long. The side where the door seats was cut in angle at the end to avoid damage in case of accidentally door swing. The holes are drilled around 1/2" inside the cut edge and the other two holes are 1" from the edge. Holes are the desire hardware diameter.

This brackets and the door hanger kit are patent pending :sneaky:!

Very cool, you could even make a small padded ledge to rest the bottom of the door on and take some of the weight off the brackets. How much were the brackets?
I agree , hanging doors this way is preferrable to hanging by the window opening , but at the same time, it's like the door being open all the time . Normally, at rest , they are closed on the vehicle and some weight off the hinges seems like a good move.