20 years of incrementalism or Blackjacks 98 SE

I suppose I could trim them to fit a bit better with the flare.

I'd run them along with the mudflap. But as you said make the mudflap detachable or break away easy (however you want to term it). But I feel your pain on trying to come up with something that looks halfass decent.

Reactions: Blackjack
I'd run them along with the mudflap. But as you said make the mudflap detachable or break away easy (however you want to term it). But I feel your pain on trying to come up with something that looks halfass decent.
The flaps are easy enough so I will probably just whip them up and go from there. I have to deal with the rockers most likely before I do the bulge anyway so I will have some time to ponder it more.

Reactions: Wildman
The flaps are easy enough so I will probably just whip them up and go from there. I have to deal with the rockers most likely before I do the bulge anyway so I will have some time to ponder it more.

It's like when I tried to add rubber flares to my tube fenders. It looked like ASS but kept the POPO off me some. But it only lasted one year and then I ripped them half off in the rocks.

Reactions: Blackjack
It's like when I tried to add rubber flares to my tube fenders. It looked like ASS but kept the POPO off me some. But it only lasted one year and then I ripped them half off in the rocks.
Be nice if we had more rocks up here but since we do not we still have to worry about jill pokes. That is what ginked the fenders in the first place.

Reactions: Wildman
Logging jargon aside I whipped up the temporary splash guards.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks like a good solution. Are they for temporary use, or will they stay on all the time?
Most likely temporary until I get the flare extensions sorted out since they should offer better protection of the windows. And I am not sure how long they would last on the trail but they are cheap enough to find out.

So when I was testing the electrical work it was my luck that the pilot light in the front locker switch was a dud. Since I had to fix it I decided to change up the fan cutoff. Picked up a on-on rocker and an led pilot light. Now the fan will be in run with the switch in the “off” position and cutoff in the “on” position with the pilot light lit.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not looking forward to the next item on the list. I have never had the doors off so Kroil time it is for a couple days.

image.jpg

Definitely a little stuck. One more shot of Kroil and I think I will be good.

image.jpg

Edit: bracket has gone to a new ride.

Still no takers on the AA tcase linkage bracket. I have new hardware minus the floor plugs and instructions.

image.jpg

Last edited: