2000 Sahara shock suggestions

RJinx00TJ

I am new to the community, and I'm sure this question has been exhausted. I have a 2000 Sahara and I'm wondering about shocks. I have a 2" lift and running 32" BFG all terrain K02's. I'm assuming the ones I'm running (shocks) are stock. They're in good condition, but jarring, to the point that coins are bouncing out of the ashtray when I hit a speed bump... I've heard about the Bilstein 5100 shocks. Is this a good fix?

Welcome to the forum. The Rancho RS5000X is a great riding shock both on and off road. For a little over 200 for a set they are hard to beat.

Having run both Bilstein 5100s and Rancho RS5000X shocks, I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that the Ranchos ride much better. There’s a reason Ranchos are so beloved amongst TJ owners, and now I understand why!

I went with Rocksports. The fronts offered more travel than other off the shelf options that I found. I’m now at six up and five down in front, and six up and four down in the rear. They work well with the long free length of my 4” Currie springs, and as a bonus they ride much nicer than my previous Bilstein 5100s.

Thank you so much for the advice. All I ever seem to see is praise on the 5100s. I'll give the Ranchos a look. Love the price

There seems to be a shift away from the 5100. I've never run them, but enough people whose opinions I trust have never been fans. Given their criticisms of small event harshness, I don't know why they became so popular.