2000 TJ Turn Signal Issues After LED Replacement

It's the 4 pin one
I was going to say I have both the 5 and 4. The 5 did what yours is doing now and the 4 worked.

Maybe yours is the opposite?

I would exchange the one you have for another. You could have just got a faulty unit.

Last edited:

is it really that easy?

I tried that using this link: https://www.stu-offroad.com/electrical/led1/led-3.htm. I'm not sure if I was just being too cautious and didn't scrape enough of it away because I don't have a backup one. My Jeep is my daily driver and if I screwed it up I wouldn't have turn signals, thus I wouldn't be able to drive it to school/work until I found a solution. I will find a backup one and try this again.

Reactions: Cole
From what I can see, LM470 is a 5-pin relay... I’m considering switching to LEDs on my 01 (with the MFS, with fogs) but want to be sure I’m grabbing the correct relay before forging ahead.

Just do it! I did the relay mod with a leatherman knife cutting the one connection on the relay as described in the video. I feel you're nervousness - it's my DD too and don't have a backup, I just made like 10-15 passes of cutting deeper and deeper and being safe not to cut anything else. Works like a charm now!
Note, I just pulled the relay out (hardest part) instead of unbolting the relay from the mount.

we just upgraded our lights in our 2000 tj to led and then there was the hyper flash, ordered a relay off amazon (we got a EP27) installed and nonstop clicking of the relay even when the blinkers were not engaged. Went to O'Reilly this morning bought EP26 installed it in the parking lot and so far that has seem to fix the problem.