2006 Jeep LJ build thread

I had the Mopar Half top last year and rode around with it for about 2 months before I sold it.

1) It's extremely noisy and as soon as you open the window it rattles the rear hatch portion.
2) It does leak some water in
3) It looked a bit odd with the hatch above the rear cab.

If you do want to sell your stock rubi rock rails - let me know.

View attachment 45285
View attachment 45286
But no one has one! Haha. When is the next time you’ll see another one? I like it because you only have to AC the front two seats. It’s a nice change from time to time. Definitely not water tight.

But no one has one! Haha. When is the next time you’ll see another one? I like it because you only have to AC the front two seats. It’s a nice change from time to time. Definitely not water tight.

That is true. I stumbled on it on local classifieds. The guy explained it on so I went to look at it and it just didn’t make sense while there..

I kept asking him you sure this is for a TJ Unlimited.. he’s like ya ya anyways I bought it for $60 along with a bestop bikini top.

When I sold the mopar top, I x10 my money :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jeepersteve71
That is true. I stumbled on it on local classifieds. The guy explained it on so I went to look at it and it just didn’t make sense while there..

I kept asking him you sure this is for a TJ Unlimited.. he’s like ya ya anyways I bought it for $60 along with a bestop bikini top.

When I sold the mopar top, I x10 my money :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve had a few offers on ours. We bought it for $100 :).

Reactions: freebo86
Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum, I'm from Montreal and I bought this LJ in New Jersey at the end of March, a full restauration is in the plan for this baby, it will not start before the fall, i'm stucked overseas where I work due to the Covid 19 measures, can't travel back home for the moment.

The jeep is in storage at the Quebec/New York border on the US side, as soon as I can go back, I will go pick it up and bring it in my garage where it will be under surgery , for at least 1 year or 2.

Once the work will start, I will try to post as many pictures+info as possible, it will not do extensive mods on it, I did my share of off road when I was in my 20's when I had a CJ 7, i'm now 63 but still a Jeep lover, our main vehicule is
an 013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited, the LJ will be used as the second ride and we will tow it behind our motorhome.

Franky

Jeep 9.jpg

Jeep 3.jpg

Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum, I'm from Montreal and I bought this LJ in New Jersey at the end of March, a full restauration is in the plan for this baby, it will not start before the fall, i'm stucked overseas where I work due to the Covid 19 measures, can't travel back home for the moment.

The jeep is in storage at the Quebec/New York border on the US side, as soon as I can go back, I will go pick it up and bring it in my garage where it will be under surgery , for at least 1 year or 2.

Once the work will start, I will try to post as many pictures+info as possible, it will not do extensive mods on it, I did my share of off road when I was in my 20's when I had a CJ 7, i'm now 63 but still a Jeep lover, our main vehicule is
an 013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited, the LJ will be used as the second ride and we will tow it behind our motorhome.

Franky

View attachment 161474

View attachment 161475

Looks good! Make sure you create a thread!

I will
I'm a good frabricator, my first job was a machinist, I like to modify things, so I will surely comme up with a few things
of my own during this rebuilt, I will be happy to share them.