2006 Jeep LJ build thread

I actually found some rubicon flares for $150 on Craigslist. Makes a world of difference. Sold the faded grey ones. Bought the rubicon LJ rock guards for $50. Repainted and installed. Couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. I picked up the N-fab rails for $50 too.

Nice! It looks so much better that way, that's for certain!

Reactions: Jeepersteve71
Well... as one project ends another begins...

Just picked up this 05 LJR with 41,750 miles on it. Has AEV discontinued pintler rims and an AEV discontinued 3 inch suspension lift.

I was a little weary of getting the Auto with all the issues I’ve been hearing about with them recently but with 41,750 miles I figured I shouldn’t see any issues at all or at least for a very long time lol.

It’s on 34.4 inch Fallen tires, has the Bestop body mounted tire carrier, Rusty’s front bumper, hard and soft top, re-geared to 5.13’s and Rocky road adjustable Jonny joint control arms (front/rear as well as uppers and lowers), JKS front and rear sway bars and sway bar disconnects.

Bought it out of Virginia, not worried about rust. Very well kept and only 41,750 miles as stated before.. when I picked it up I checked underneath and it’s just surface rust on the frame. Nothing I haven’t seen in Texas. I’ll be sanding a few places down and touching them up. Saw some rust on the windshield hinge but I can take those off and have them powdercoated. Everything else is manageable. Plus if y’all followed my penny pincher build then you know how I am when it comes to detail lol.

Will be starting a new thread sometime when I get home. But just for kicks we picked it up yesterday in Virginia, drove it to Auburn, AL to hang out with my sister-in-law, and then will be taking it back to Texas tomorrow. Been a pretty fun road trip. Best part is that it will still have less than 45,000 miles by the time I get it home.
951A3D9E-7311-43D7-9C71-2CCC70CBA34E.jpeg
68B9BEAE-A49D-44E9-A3BF-B5FCE251AA94.jpeg
87535374-021A-46CF-AE2C-D3FC90DFDF97.jpeg

Was advertised as 41,750 and when I picked it up it had 41,755. Just took this pic as I was driving to show where the tach is at 65 mph
48FBAF0C-CF8A-4C61-9616-B9938C798F30.jpeg

2756715B-1890-4B4B-8410-EE64BFA50125.jpeg

My sister-in-law plays for Volleyball for Auburn. I bought a new bolt receiver hitch lock and brought my Razorback receiver hitch. Couldn’t road trip home without it lol. TSA wasn’t to thrilled about it being in my carry on but I talked them into it lol.
3B5D00D4-83F6-4517-BE8D-8D3EA55FFE68.jpeg

70C8A26C-D749-470E-B0BE-0652EB6015A2.jpeg

@Starrs @Chris now I just need those Mopar bumpers .

Also forgot to mention. We’ll be selling the 06 six speedo pay for this one and will be selling as is. Has 83,500 or so miles on it. We’ll take a few things off but most everything is staying on it. Just wanting to start fresh. Won’t be taking any short cuts on this one. Will be a slower build though as we’ll need to save up some funds for it lol.

Reactions: Starrs
@Starrs @Chris now I just need those Mopar bumpers .

Also forgot to mention. We’ll be selling the 06 six speedo pay for this one and will be selling as is. Has 83,500 or so miles on it. We’ll take a few things off but most everything is staying on it. Just wanting to start fresh. Won’t be taking any short cuts on this one. Will be a slower build though as we’ll need to save up some funds for it lol.

You missed the rear one I posted on eBay the other day. It sold to another forum member in about 15 minutes, haha.

Well... as one project ends another begins...

Just picked up this 05 LJR with 41,750 miles on it. Has AEV discontinued pintler rims and an AEV discontinued 3 inch suspension lift.

I was a little weary of getting the Auto with all the issues I’ve been hearing about with them recently but with 41,750 miles I figured I shouldn’t see any issues at all or at least for a very long time lol.

It’s on 34.4 inch Fallen tires, has the Bestop body mounted tire carrier, Rusty’s front bumper, hard and soft top, re-geared to 5.13’s and Rocky road adjustable Jonny joint control arms (front/rear as well as uppers and lowers), JKS front and rear sway bars and sway bar disconnects.

Bought it out of Virginia, not worried about rust. Very well kept and only 41,750 miles as stated before.. when I picked it up I checked underneath and it’s just surface rust on the frame. Nothing I haven’t seen in Texas. I’ll be sanding a few places down and touching them up. Saw some rust on the windshield hinge but I can take those off and have them powdercoated. Everything else is manageable. Plus if y’all followed my penny pincher build then you know how I am when it comes to detail lol.

Will be starting a new thread sometime when I get home. But just for kicks we picked it up yesterday in Virginia, drove it to Auburn, AL to hang out with my sister-in-law, and then will be taking it back to Texas tomorrow. Been a pretty fun road trip. Best part is that it will still have less than 45,000 miles by the time I get it home. View attachment 42406View attachment 42407View attachment 42408

Was advertised as 41,750 and when I picked it up it had 41,755. Just took this pic as I was driving to show where the tach is at 65 mph
View attachment 42409
View attachment 42410

My sister-in-law plays for Volleyball for Auburn. I bought a new bolt receiver hitch lock and brought my Razorback receiver hitch. Couldn’t road trip home without it lol. TSA wasn’t to thrilled about it being in my carry on but I talked them into it lol.
View attachment 42411
View attachment 42412
Beautiful. That’s all I have hahahha. Start your search for the bumpers and that’s all you need on that one. Best rims IMO already and you can’t get a better lift either. Craiglist or how did you find that one? I feel Iike I saw one around Richmond that looked like that? Am I close lol

Reactions: Jeepersteve71
Beautiful. That’s all I have hahahha. Start your search for the bumpers and that’s all you need on that one. Best rims IMO already and you can’t get a better lift either. Craiglist or how did you find that one? I feel Iike I saw one around Richmond that looked like that? Am I close lol
I don’t know if it was on Craigslist. Found it on EBay!

I think I might want to get the Currie steering upgrade and those bumpers and call it a day haha.

You lucked out. Normally not a huge fan of red but I like that. A lot haha
Red is our favorite lol.

We already have red half doors anyways. Also that guy in my area still hasn’t that set of Mopar LJ rock rails for $300 that I’m debating on picking up. I have another buddy that told me he would sell me his mopar LJ corner armor set as well.

We already have the rare LJ mopar half top. Just need the bumpers and we’ll be set. I think I might pick up a set of rubi rims and mount some mud terrains to them. If we go off-roading we’ll scratch up the rubi rims instead of the AEV rims lol.

Red is our favorite lol.

We already have red half doors anyways. Also that guy in my area still hasn’t that set of Mopar LJ rock rails for $300 that I’m debating on picking up. I have another buddy that told me he would sell me his mopar LJ corner armor set as well.

We already have the rare LJ mopar half top. Just need the bumpers and we’ll be set. I think I might pick up a set of rubi rims and mount some mud terrains to them. If we go off-roading we’ll scratch up the rubi rims instead of the AEV rims lol.
That’s right you do have half doors. Man I’m sold on doorless now tho....either on or off for me hahaha. Just looks so much better with the top and no doors. Either way that’s a nice LJR. Good find. What was the price on that ;)

That’s right you do have half doors. Man I’m sold on doorless now tho....either on or off for me hahaha. Just looks so much better with the top and no doors. Either way that’s a nice LJR. Good find. What was the price on that ;)
I’ll PM you on the price.

Half doors are the way to go. Love that we now have 3 different tops. Great for summer and winter. The Jeep came with a hard top hoist. We just have to figure out how to get it all installed so I can get the soft top on!

I had the Mopar Half top last year and rode around with it for about 2 months before I sold it.

1) It's extremely noisy and as soon as you open the window it rattles the rear hatch portion.
2) It does leak some water in
3) It looked a bit odd with the hatch above the rear cab.

If you do want to sell your stock rubi rock rails - let me know.

cbac4b74-0efe-417d-bcbc-3322fe.jpg

fbbac16a-d40b-48a7-b636-b4a911.jpg