2006 Jeep LJ build thread

Dam Jeep pictures!!! Ha

Yeah, that makes for a great backdrop, that's for sure.

IMG_6023.JPG
IMG_6029.JPG
IMG_6030.PNG
IMG_6032.JPG
IMG_6031.JPG
Does anyone have any experience with the tuff stuff winch plate? I'm thinking about selling my smittybilt bumper and Smittybilt winch plate. I could chop the front bumper a little bit (not as much as the blue LJ photo), buy the Mopar corner plastic gaurds and and put this winch plate on. I like that it has some light mounts tabs that I could turn my light bar upside down on the bumper for a nice clean look. Might even pick up some of the new KC flex light singles to mount on the side option tabs and hook them up to the factory fog light switch. I even have the poison spyder steering skid so it would look pretty close to the two LJ's in the photos. Down side is that I would loose the d rings and go back to the factory hooks. But with a ultra hook and 10,000lb winch who cares right?? Let me know your thoughts!

I'm not sure it would be such a big deal to lose the D-rings, as long as you can use the factory hooks.

That's a pretty cool setup, I like the look of it!

Worked my tail off on this soft top today! Finally got it cleaned up. Took my precious time and lubed up the zippers really good. I picked up this top with all hardware for $50. The girl I bought it from said when she bought the jeep at 7,000 miles she immidiately took off the soft top and put on the hard top. Soft top has been sitting in the garage for 10 years.

Soaked it down really good and washed with soap and water to clear off all of the dust. After I did that I sprayed some meguires soft top cleaner on it, scrubbed it with a spunge again, and then rinsed it off. Could probably do that a few more times but good enough for tonight. Here are all the before photos and one after photo. I'll have to get more photos in the daylight tomorrow.
IMG_6050.JPG
IMG_6051.JPG
IMG_6052.JPG
IMG_6055.JPG
IMG_6057.JPG

Worked my tail off on this soft top today! Finally got it cleaned up. Took my precious time and lubed up the zippers really good. I picked up this top with all hardware for $50. The girl I bought it from said when she bought the jeep at 7,000 miles she immidiately took off the soft top and put on the hard top. Soft top has been sitting in the garage for 10 years.

Soaked it down really good and washed with soap and water to clear off all of the dust. After I did that I sprayed some meguires soft top cleaner on it, scrubbed it with a spunge again, and then rinsed it off. Could probably do that a few more times but good enough for tonight. Here are all the before photos and one after photo. I'll have to get more photos in the daylight tomorrow.View attachment 20842View attachment 20843View attachment 20844View attachment 20845View attachment 20846
Awesome find!

Today was the day! Finally got the new leather in! I bought these seat cover skins off of Craigslist a few weeks back. They are meant for 03-06 model seats and the guy had them installed on 97-02 seats. He decided to buy new seats and sell these to me for $125. I took the covers off the seats and sold the seats for $150!

I paid an upholster to do some foam repair on the driver seat, fix a few unnecessary holes that the previous owner put in them by installing them on the wrong seats, and finally take the back off of my old trek armor seat covers and put them on the front seats. It was $250 all in for the install. So really I'm only in these seats for $225 all in! I think they turned out great! Also bought a leather shifter boot to match with a new drake shift knob. I bought some new Kontrol black stainless door hinges for the half and full doors as well. I just want to get the matching windshield hinge now too!
IMG_6093.JPG
IMG_6094.JPG
IMG_6095.JPG
IMG_6096.JPG
IMG_6097.JPG
IMG_6098.JPG
IMG_6108.JPG

Had a great time tailgating at the Arkansas Razorback game on Thursday night in Little Rock. So glad we have an LJ. We would have been struggling in a TJ with all the stuff we brought. Might be time for a roof rack lol. Took two friends home after the game and had to use the back seat while everything was packed in the back.
IMG_6171.JPG
IMG_6174.JPG
IMG_6179.JPG

Hey Jeepersteve71, please tell me your opinion about the steering wheel cover. I would like to have a thicker steering wheel for a better grip.

How does the material feel? Is it "cheap" or worth the money? Do you've got some more pics for me? Thanks!

Hey Jeepersteve71, please tell me your opinion about the steering wheel cover. I would like to have a thicker steering wheel for a better grip.

How does the material feel? Is it "cheap" or worth the money? Do you've got some more pics for me? Thanks!
I'd say it's pretty cheap. Just a Walmart steering wheel cover. It gets the job done though.

Today was the day! Finally got the new leather in! I bought these seat cover skins off of Craigslist a few weeks back. They are meant for 03-06 model seats and the guy had them installed on 97-02 seats. He decided to buy new seats and sell these to me for $125. I took the covers off the seats and sold the seats for $150!

I paid an upholster to do some foam repair on the driver seat, fix a few unnecessary holes that the previous owner put in them by installing them on the wrong seats, and finally take the back off of my old trek armor seat covers and put them on the front seats. It was $250 all in for the install. So really I'm only in these seats for $225 all in! I think they turned out great! Also bought a leather shifter boot to match with a new drake shift knob. I bought some new Kontrol black stainless door hinges for the half and full doors as well. I just want to get the matching windshield hinge now too!View attachment 21056

Man those look amazing! The upholsterer did a great job fitting the backs too. Not sure I'd want leather in my jeep but those look like a factory option. Any brand info on them or were they a custom job?

Man those look amazing! The upholsterer did a great job fitting the backs too. Not sure I'd want leather in my jeep but those look like a factory option. Any brand info on them or were they a custom job?
The leather skins are on eBay for $300 for the front and rear (cheaper than the Bartact ones. I believe $600 for all). The backs were taken off of the old trek armor seat covers that were pretty close to done and put into these. I just like that these are easier to clean!

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Are those the IGGEE seat covers from eBay? If so, I have them as well. Awesome seat covers. Can't be beat for $300.

Reactions: Jeepersteve71
Are those the IGGEE seat covers from eBay? If so, I have them as well. Awesome seat covers. Can't be beat for $300.
Yessir! I decided I wanted to keep the backs from the old trek armor covers. Kinda like the best of both worlds. Love them so far! Gotta smokin deal and we are only $225 all in for the covers and installation!

Reactions: Chris
Picked up a 2017 Jeep Compass for the wife this weekend. It was end of month/end of quarter and we got a smoking deal! Came with all options except for a receiver hitch. I know I know... new Jeeps suck and the old ones are where it's at. But sometimes you just sleep better at night knowing your wife (and potential future children) is in a nice safe car that hopefully shouldn't have any issues. Plus happy wife happy life. She is pretty happy so I guess I'm doing something right. And yes it is 4x4 lol.
IMG_6390.JPG

I ended up selling my OEM soft top for $400 and a set of TNT rear spring correction brackets (total value of $160). I believe they make a welded option but the one he gave me is a bolt on. I'm completely ok with it though especially seeing as I got it for free pretty much. Very pleased since the top only cost me $50 out of pocket! Been a pretty great weekend so far.
IMG_6066.JPG

Only issue now is that I have $400 burning a hole in my pocket. Can't decide what jeep to spend it on. I know... it's a first world problem. Here are my options below. Tell me what you think.

1. Receiver hitch for the new compass.
- Reason: we have a Thule bike carrier and it's nice to have. Plus ups the resale value a little bit.
IMG_6394.JPG

2. TJ/LJ Tuffy console for the Jeepster that will need to be modified to fit/look right but will look great with our interior and new hand brake we just installed. We would cut off the front part. Would hold the new style head deck in our Jeepster on one side (we have the factory one in the dash for looks) and would have the hand brake on the other. Not to mention the added security.
IMG_6395.JPG

3. Undercover fab skid plate and Novak cable shifter combo. Will have to wait and get the drive shaft around Christmas time to complete the belly up skid.
IMG_6396.PNG

Also here is a pic of the TNT customs spring relocation. Check it out!
IMG_6391.PNG