2006 Jeep LJ build thread

IMG_5904.JPG
IMG_5905.JPG
IMG_5906.JPG
IMG_5907.JPG
I love how this one turned out. You have to question when you see this one if it came this way from the factory or not. Maybe it's just because he paint is flawless. Either way I love it. If I ever get another TJ I'll have to do this but I don't think I can cut up the LJ.

Reactions: JMT and Rob5589
Only because that's what's selling right now :). Other than companies like Teraflex most parts for TJ's, YJ's and CJ'a have come down in price. Also the JK's do not require an SYE.

Nor do they require a tummy tuck!

But yeah, eventually the aftermarket parts will go down for JKs, but that's going to be probably 10 years before they drop substantially. By that, time, it may be like our TJs, where most of the manufacturers drop support for the parts they used to make.

View attachment 19569 View attachment 19570 View attachment 19571 View attachment 19572 I love how this one turned out. You have to question when you see this one if it came this way from the factory or not. Maybe it's just because he paint is flawless. Either way I love it. If I ever get another TJ I'll have to do this but I don't think I can cut up the LJ.

That one looks good, it almost looks factory! I've seen some of the ones @David Kishpaugh did before (he's local to me), and they look factory too. Really cool if you ask me.

Nor do they require a tummy tuck!

But yeah, eventually the aftermarket parts will go down for JKs, but that's going to be probably 10 years before they drop substantially. By that, time, it may be like our TJs, where most of the manufacturers drop support for the parts they used to make.
Very true. Interesting to see the market changes.

View attachment 19573 Also I just came across this on a Facebook page. This isn't needed but I thought it was cool enough to share for anyone that is looking to put a touch screen head unit in their jeep.

@badlieutenant has something similar in his TJ, a touch screen display. Though his isn't double DIN like this (at least I don't believe so), so it looks like he just got one upped!

@badlieutenant has something similar in his TJ, a touch screen display. Though his isn't double DIN like this (at least I don't believe so), so it looks like he just got one upped!
I just like it so you don't have to trim the factory plastic. You can actually buy a new center plastic piece and do some very minor trimming. Looks nice and clean. I just question how easy it is to steal... lol

Reactions: Chris
So I found an OEM soft top with all the hardware (except for the door surrounds) on Craigslist last week that had been sitting in the garage since the LJ had 7,000 miles on it. It came stock with the soft top and when the second owner bought it he immidiately bought a hard top and took the soft top off. I talked her into $50 cash for everything and a trade for our old floor mats. Lucky me there is hardly any scratches on the windows and the top looks like it's in great condition. Just needs to be cleaned. I haven't tried getting it on or cleaning it yet but I'm pretty stoked.

My dad went with me to pick it up and while we are there we noticed she had this odd type of soft top with her. Once we figured out what it was we asked if she would sell it. We offered $100 and she took it. Little did we know after some research that we had acquired a rare Mopar half top. They didn't make very many of them from what I can see and I have only been able to find a handful of pictures online. This top is in the same condition as the factory soft top we purchased for $50. It had been sitting in a garage for who knows how long. Today I got the top cleaner out and cleaned it up really good and put it on. I'm stoked! It cleaned up nicely and the best part is that it works with out Trek top door surrounds so we can run a bow. So far it's pretty cool and has some neat features. The rear backglass can be unzipped and rolled down. It has a mesh type window on the outside of it so you can get wind in and still keep the dust out. I had never seen one of these until last week. I saw someone sold one on EBay that is not in near the condition of this one back in 2010 for $460. Does anyone know what they cost new? Pics below. I'll have to get some better ones in the daylight tomorrow.
IMG_5910.JPG
IMG_5912.JPG
IMG_5913.JPG
IMG_5915.JPG
IMG_5916.JPG
IMG_5917.JPG

So I found an OEM soft top with all the hardware (except for the door surrounds) on Craigslist last week that had been sitting in the garage since the LJ had 7,000 miles on it. It came stock with the soft top and when the second owner bought it he immidiately bought a hard top and took the soft top off. I talked her into $50 cash for everything and a trade for our old floor mats. Lucky me there is hardly any scratches on the windows and the top looks like it's in great condition. Just needs to be cleaned. I haven't tried getting it on or cleaning it yet but I'm pretty stoked.

My dad went with me to pick it up and while we are there we noticed she had this odd type of soft top with her. Once we figured out what it was we asked if she would sell it. We offered $100 and she took it. Little did we know after some research that we had acquired a rare Mopar half top. They didn't make very many of them from what I can see and I have only been able to find a handful of pictures online. This top is in the same condition as the factory soft top we purchased for $50. It had been sitting in a garage for who knows how long. Today I got the top cleaner out and cleaned it up really good and put it on. I'm stoked! It cleaned up nicely and the best part is that it works with out Trek top door surrounds so we can run a bow. So far it's pretty cool and has some neat features. The rear backglass can be unzipped and rolled down. It has a mesh type window on the outside of it so you can get wind in and still keep the dust out. I had never seen one of these until last week. I saw someone sold one on EBay that is not in near the condition of this one back in 2010 for $460. Does anyone know what they cost new? Pics below. I'll have to get some better ones in the daylight tomorrow.View attachment 19594View attachment 19595View attachment 19596View attachment 19597View attachment 19598View attachment 19599
Thats crazy unique.

Reactions: Jeepersteve71
Forgot to include this photo. This is a guy on another jeep page that did the high fender with LJ flares. Doesn't look to complicated. Just need to take you time is all. View attachment 19568

Every time this guy posts a pic of his jeep I get all jealous and shit... when I go 35s I'm going highline. The Higher Ground 4x4 walk through is perfect.

I would buy this.

My HU runs Android. While I would much prefer Apple iOS, Android has a similar application library and it works well enough for what I need the HU to do. It's got Netflix, Plex, Google Maps, some music app, a nice radio FM tuner app, camera functionality, and whatever else you would want to throw at it. It really is a nice HU and the plain-Jane android interface coupled with whatever front end app designed for in-car use is pretty cool.