2006 Rubicon anti-lift

Incorrect. The TJ Rubicon ride height is the same as a regular TJ.

That being said, a stock Rubicon will rub its tires bit at full articulation with the sway bar disconnected.

I was misinformed then. My bad.

This Rubicon spring discussion has gone around and around on this forum. When I decided to order springs I called our local Jeep dealer and contacted Rock Auto Summit and a couple other places and the oem part number was no different for any TJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stand corrected.

I do believe that the Rubicon came with a 1 inch spring spacer to accommodate the 31’s.

Incorrect. :)

The front Dana 44 does have a 1/4" thick plate welded to the axle pad to serve as a bit of bump stop extension to help reduce the tire rub. But it isn't quite enough to clear 100%.

Reactions: Rick Flair
I do believe that the Rubicon came with a 1 inch spring spacer to accommodate the 31’s.

Maybe that was it? I’ve been out of the Jeep world for a very long time so I’m rusty. Or maybe I’m confusing the 1” wider flares?! Getting old sucks.

Anywho, enjoy your Jeep man. I always found less lift, smaller tired rigs more fun. But I was on moved fully into 37-40” tires rigs so a TJ on 33” is good in my step back!

Reactions: BendLarry
I think I seen in an earlier post that you may put the Rubicon flares on. I put them on mine a little over one year ago and Summit Racing had the best price I could find for new at that time.

The front Dana 44 does have a 1/4" thick plate welded to the axle pad to serve as a bit of bump stop extension to help reduce the tire rub. But it isn't quite enough to clear 100%.

I must have gotten lucky. When I cycled my suspension, I removed the jonce bumper and jacked the tire up until the jonce cup touched the spring perch and my tires on both sides did not touch anything??

I must have gotten lucky. When I cycled my suspension, I removed the jonce bumper and jacked the tire up until the jonce cup touched the spring perch and my tires on both sides did not touch anything??

Did you also turn the wheel lock to lock while it was stuffed with the front sway bar disco'd?

Reactions: jjvw

I thought it was a 1/2" plate, but you two are the Rubi owners, so I could be smoking my lunch.

Did you stuff just one tire? That's when it happens. I've seen a few threads with photos that show it. Mine was too far from stock to personally verify, but my measuring shows that it will happen.

I don't think it's a huge problem with the stock size tires. A little rub is fine since it should only happen momentarily at slow speeds.

Did you stuff just one tire? That's when it happens. I've seen a few threads with photos that show it. Mine was too far from stock to personally verify, but my measuring shows that it will happen.

I don't think it's a huge problem with the stock size tires. A little rub is fine since it should only happen momentarily at slow speeds.

I stuffed both tires.

I thought it was a 1/2" plate, but you two are the Rubi owners, so I could be smoking my lunch.

Incorrect! ;)

I first noticed it when I drilled the plate for bump stops and commented to others who didn't know what I was talking about.

Reactions: bobthetj03