2006 Rubicon anti-lift

If I hadn't already re-geared I'd seriously consider going back to my modest 2" lift and 31's. I think I wheeled the most in that configuration more than my current setup.
P1040408.JPG

I like it, I think we are going to be seeing more and more TJ's returned to near stock height. Want a faster, more agile, stable, vibration free, perfect geometry, easy to get in... etc...etc... Jeep? Well, it left the factory pretty awesome, we just like to modify things. If mine wasn't a toy, I would probably go this route. The difference of going from a 33x12.50R15 mud tire on steel wheels to a 33x10.50R17 all terrain on aluminum was shocking.

Reactions: BendLarry
Rubicon’s come with 31 inch tires and I put on 31 inch tires. I have almost exactly 4 inches from the spring perch and the jonce cup and when I cycled my suspension my tires don’t hit the fenders or flares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome! Maybe it’s the flares that throw my eyes off. Glad to hear you are enjoying it more.

Awesome! Maybe it’s the flares that throw my eyes off. Glad to hear you are enjoying it more.

I think the flares are a bit overwhelming with my current setup. I felt they fit the look pretty good with the lift and 33’s but not so much now.
Before I removed the lift I always felt I had a good Jeep and as I have said, it worked very well crawling in the rocks. The rest of the time it bugged me, I knew it could ride much better and still be a capable off road rig. If I was 15 years younger or if it was only going to be used for off road activities I would have left the lift on.
It definitely puts a smile on my face now. I can’t wait to get it back to Moab. A spotter is going to be more important now.

Reactions: Rick Flair
I think the flares are a bit overwhelming with my current setup. I felt they fit the look pretty good with the lift and 33’s but not so much now.
Before I removed the lift I always felt I had a good Jeep and as I have said, it worked very well crawling in the rocks. The rest of the time it bugged me, I knew it could ride much better and still be a capable off road rig. If I was 15 years younger or if it was only going to be used for off road activities I would have left the lift on.
It definitely puts a smile on my face now. I can’t wait to get it back to Moab. A spotter is going to be more important now.

Cindy is actually a very good spotter, so she'll have our backs brah! She prefers being outside of the jeep when things get sporty, lol!

Rubicon’s come with 31 inch tires and I put on 31 inch tires. I have almost exactly 4 inches from the spring perch and the jonce cup and when I cycled my suspension my tires don’t hit the fenders or flares.

Rubicons also came with a 1” taller spring, you put “standard” height springs in it. The sport and below would have had 30” tires with the big tire package, 29’s standard.

I’m sure it doesn’t make a difference but that is why he said it looks stuffed.

I’d gladly let you drive my lifted TJ, with tuned Fox shocks, you’d be shocked how well it rides.

Rubicons also came with a 1” taller spring, you put “standard” height springs in it. The sport and below would have had 30” tires with the big tire package, 29’s standard.

I’m sure it doesn’t make a difference but that is why he said it looks stuffed.

I’d gladly let you drive my lifted TJ, with tuned Fox shocks, you’d be shocked how well it rides.

This Rubicon spring discussion has gone around and around on this forum. When I decided to order springs I called our local Jeep dealer and contacted Rock Auto Summit and a couple other places and the oem part number was no different for any TJ.