2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition Sells Out In One Day

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Well they did something right to sell out like that.
I'de love to see what AEV could do with one of these.

Reactions: tomtaylz
I can see many being purchased and then appearing for sale at a huge markup.

I would feel physically sick driving a vehicle worth $62k off-road and I'd be so worried about breaking or scratching it that I don't think I'd even have fun in it.

One of the best parts of owning a TJ is that I can beat the crap out of it and not feel bad at all about it. Even if I broke my Jeep in half I could take off all of the aftermarket stuff and put it on another TJ for 1/10 the cost of this Gladiator.

I would feel physically sick driving a vehicle worth $62k off-road and I'd be so worried about breaking or scratching it that I don't think I'd even have fun in it.

X100 to this.

Seriously, I'm with you 100%. But to be honest, I'd bet dollars to donuts that no one is paying 62k for one of these and then taking it off-road. They'll live 100% on-road and just have the "off-road look".

Okay, maybe there's 1 out of every 500 people who will actually off-road it, but those are the guys who are loaded and can afford to buy a replacement very easily.

I'm sorry, but for a true off-road vehicle, I'd rather have a cheap vehicle that I won't cringe when it gets beat up.

X100 to this.

Seriously, I'm with you 100%. But to be honest, I'd bet dollars to donuts that no one is paying 62k for one of these and then taking it off-road. They'll live 100% on-road and just have the "off-road look".

Okay, maybe there's 1 out of every 500 people who will actually off-road it, but those are the guys who are loaded and can afford to buy a replacement very easily.

I'm sorry, but for a true off-road vehicle, I'd rather have a cheap vehicle that I won't cringe when it gets beat up.
The first time I took my TJ off road was soon after I bought it in Feb 2018, a new JLU rubicon was part of the wheeling group, we were both using our skid plates that day (pre-lift).

The difference was 45k and a car payment. We both had tree stripes, I don’t know if I could live with those for 5 years worth $500 payments....

Much happier with the TJ, not the end of the world if it gets banged up.... just means I get to buy more parts!

Reactions: Chadillac
The first time I took my TJ off road was soon after I bought it in Feb 2018, a new JLU rubicon was part of the wheeling group, we were both using our skid plates that day (pre-lift).

The difference was 45k and a car payment. We both had tree stripes, I don’t know if I could live with those for 5 years worth $500 payments....

Much happier with the TJ, not the end of the world if it gets banged up.... just means I get to buy more parts!

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Unless you have stupid amounts of money and own that JL outright, I wouldn’t like the idea of getting it all beat up and battered when the payments are $500+ a month.

Reactions: IPerkWVU
I’m thinking of buying one of these but not to wheel. Just for the cool factor. We do wheel my wife’s 2016 4Runner. So I guess I’m one of those guys! 😂

The TJ is admittedly the more hardcore wheeler. But we do overland type of exploration anymore. I can’t help myself to overbuild. Both rigs have skids, bumpers, sliders, beadlocks, winches, racks, recovery gear....

If I buy a JT it will get lifted, wheels/tires... on and on...

Remember when the PT Cruiser first came out? The line to order one was months out. Now you'd be lucky if someone took it off your hands for free.

When I bought my TJ in the fall of 2000, they were just starting to trickle out. I remember one of the dealerships we visited had only one — it was in the showroom with a velvet rope around it! Still cracks me up to think about it.

Reactions: JMT and EJD
@Chris ETA for “The unfortunate Gladiator of the day thread”?? Lol!
95AFB35B-2EF8-4AAB-A322-7099921AFAE1.jpeg