SOLD 241OR

Status
Not open for further replies.

sierradmax

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Price
Not out of the vehicle as of today. I'll be swapping my 241 for an Atlas 2 speed after this weekend. So, the 241 will be for sale. I will also have it listed locally but I thought I could gauge some interest on the forum and see if there are fish in the water...

On October 2nd, I rebuilt the transfer case with new bearings, seals, a chain and gave it a good cleaning. Since, I've probably driven 250-300 miles and two wheeling trips. Also included is a Savvy 241 cable shifter. Asking price $1,400 + shipping.

PFA

20201129_202826_resized.jpg

20201129_202845_resized.jpg

20201129_202851_resized.jpg

Reactions: JMT
Not out of the vehicle as of today. I'll be swapping my 241 for an Atlas 2 speed after this weekend. So, the 241 will be for sale. I will also have it listed locally but I thought I could gauge some interest on the forum and see if there are fish in the water...

On October 2nd, I rebuilt the transfer case with new bearings, seals, a chain and gave it a good cleaning. Since, I've probably driven 250-300 miles and two wheeling trips. Also included is a Savvy 241 cable shifter. Asking price $1,400 + shipping.
Man i am wanting that 241 !! I have a super short sye on my 231 , will i need another sye if i get your 241 ?
also What do you think my 231 with a super short sye is worth?

Man i am wanting that 241 !! I have a super short sye on my 231 , will i need another sye if i get your 241 ?
also What do you think my 231 with a super short sye is worth?
You either need different front and rear drive shafts or different yokes front and rear on the T case. changing the rear yoke is not advised.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
You either need different front and rear drive shafts or different yokes front and rear on the T case. changing the rear yoke is not advised.
changing the rear yoke on the t Case is not advisable ? or the rear dif?

changing the rear yoke on the t Case is not advisable ? or the rear dif?
On the transfer case. See that gigantic harmonic dampener on the back? If you swap out a 1310 yoke you loose that.

Most folks that swap these in will get a 1310 yoke for the front and get their rear driveshaft modified to bolt up to the 241 flange.

On the transfer case. See that gigantic harmonic dampener on the back? If you swap out a 1310 yoke you loose that.

Most folks that swap these in will get a 1310 yoke for the front and get their rear driveshaft modified to bolt up to the 241 flange.
ok i see, that make sense. adams drive shaft will fix that up for me no problems.
ya know the reasons for the sye is to lengthen the drive shaft for safer pinion angle and to make the new drive shaft a CV drive shaft. will that be a problem for the 241?

The 231 uses a 1310 front CV Yoke while the 241 uses a 1330, The 241 uses a weird configuration dampening flange. I haven't determined which CV flange to use for the Driveshaft but I'm sure Tom Woods or Adams can set you up.

ok i see, that make sense. adams drive shaft will fix that up for me no problems.
ya know the reasons for the sye is to lengthen the drive shaft for safer pinion angle and to make the new drive shaft a CV drive shaft. will that be a problem for the 241?
Considering the wheelbase amongst TJ's (Sport, Sahara, Rubicon) is no different, a double cardan driveshaft with the appropriate flange will work...

FYI, most, if not all, double cardan driveshafts for the Rubicon (which uses a 1330 U-joint at the axle) use 1310 U-joints at the cardan simply because they offer greater range of angle. (sport & sahara axles use 1310)

Considering the wheelbase amongst TJ's (Sport, Sahara, Rubicon) is no different, a double cardan driveshaft with the appropriate flange will work...

FYI, most, if not all, double cardan driveshafts for the Rubicon (which uses a 1330 U-joint at the axle) use 1310 U-joints at the cardan simply because they offer greater range of angle. (sport & sahara axles use 1310)
thats solid informations there, thanks.

Look, here's what I've read for a 231 to 241 swap. Aside from the physical difference in size...

1. the 241 speed sensor uses a tone ring while I think the 231 is gear driven. You'll have to address that.
2. Not sure on the 4wd indicator switch, if they're plug and play...
3. you'll need new driveshafts. It will be easier and more cost effective to have new ones made than trying to swap out yokes and flanges at the transfer case. In the end, you'll probably need to lengthen or shorten anyways...

I realize this might sound daunting but if it steers you into looking at an Atlas, You'll encounter the same installation hassles, if not more. An atlas takes a bit of customization. I'm going through it now.

Not sure if I sent msg correct earlier 325-429-4333 Mike I’ll take it call me work details & make arrangements

Status
Not open for further replies.