4.0 missing mounting hardware for ignition coil capacitor

LimeTJ04

Hello fellow jeepers. So I have a weird issue. The ignition coil capacitor on my jeep is missing the hardware to ground it to the block. I have no idea how it happened, everything was mounted up properly a week or so ago. I went to check my oil yesterday and it was just dangling next to the filter. I would like to figure out what I need to do to get everything secured again. It runs and drives fun still, but it is just annoying. I have attached a few pictures. The first two are of a jeep with everything mounted correctly and the last two are of my jeep. It seems like there should be some threads coming out of the block to mount everything too but they are just gone. Any advice would be appreciated.

Coil #1.jpeg

Coil #2.jpeg

Coil #3.jpeg

Coil #4.jpeg

The stud broke off in the head. To replace it you need a new stud and the nuts and you'll have to pull out what's left of the old one in the head. You could just bolt it somewhere else like to the stud that holds the dipstick.

The stud broke off in the head. To replace it you need a new stud and the nuts and you'll have to pull out what's left of the old one in the head. You could just bolt it somewhere else like to the stud that holds the dipstick.

That's what I was afraid of. Thank you for the reply

I can see threads in the hole so I would say it just back out. Get a new stud and two nuts you could also run a tap to clean the threads.