4.88s ordered by the shop (cold feet)

Just remember to take into account the wheel diameter when you order tires... the BMB BBKs come in 3 diameters, and if you order tires for a 15" wheel, you need to get the correct brake kit later.
Yeah, sticking with 15s for a while longer. Does appear the 15 kit can be adjusted to a 16 kit once you make the BIG jump to 16s, haha. I just don’t wanna buy 5 wheels right now even though I hate the black ones it came with

Thanks. Your front axle is fine for 35's but its ball joints are definitely not up to 37's and they can't be replaced with anything else that is up to 37's either. They are the same ball-joints I have in my front Dana 44 which is why I stick with 35's. For 35's and your 4.0/5-speed I'd go 4.88 or maybe 5.13.

Disk brakes from your Dana 35 will bolt right up to your Dana 44, you'll just need to shorten the hard lines on both sides a couple inches. Rent/borrow a double-flare tool from your local auto parts store than practice on the short lengths you cut off the hard lines. One or two practice tries is all it takes to make a good double-flares.
The shop that is doing the gears will do the work for the brakes lines also. 35's is what I want but since everything is hard to get im not sure what ill get

Yeah, sticking with 15s for a while longer. Does appear the 15 kit can be adjusted to a 16 kit once you make the BIG jump to 16s, haha. I just don’t wanna buy 5 wheels right now even though I hate the black ones it came with
They are a little big, but I'd skip the 16" wheels and go 17" wheels, much better tire selection, and less $$

I’m not sure I can love a 17 on a TJ. Idk, maybe all the 20s & 26s have jaded me over the years. 17s may look ok now to me, never even considered that for a TJ

I was able to get the 16 BMB kit in my 15” wheel, I just have to balance them with no weights where the caliper sits. I live close enough so I was able to take a wheel out to verify the clearance.

I'd only go with 17's possibly for 35's but more likely only for 37's.
Looks-wise, that ratio makes more sense (35s on 17s). I know where y'all are coming from though. 17 is the sweet spot in most cases. I had this issue when replacing my Duratracs last year on the Tundra, size and price options are nil for 18s, almost bought 17" wheels but... didn't, did 18" again, nothing out there I liked really..

Tire weight affects braking less than tire diameter does. Think leverage and lever length (tire radius) against the brakes. And not all TJs have problems braking 35's, it seems to be hit or miss. I'd go for the tires you want. If more braking is needed you can install just the brake pads from Black Magic until you can splurge for the full Big Brake kit.
I did exactly as Jerry described (running BMB pads w/ Centric rotors until the BBK gets installed).

They stopped me well today in a sudden traffic situation that almost got me rear ended bc the charger behind me didn’t stop as well as I did.

Reactions: FJQue
Yes, Tire selection for 16" wheel are getting slimmer. Pro Comp just dropped their Xtreme MT2 in 315/75r16, which I just purchased a set of 5 last year. Looks like 17" will be my next wheels.
Why do you want to move to 17's? That assumes you're still running 15" wheels.

By the way, how are your ProComp Extreme tires holding up? I used to work for ProComp's parent company and my division lifted Jeeps and put bigger tires with aluminum wheels on them for new Jeep dealers to sell. I heard constant complaints from my dealer customers who complained their customers were complaining their tires wore far too quickly. I saw many ProComp Extreme tires with excessive wear well before they should have.

Yes, Tire selection for 16" wheel are getting slimmer. Pro Comp just dropped their Xtreme MT2 in 315/75r16, which I just purchased a set of 5 last year. Looks like 17" will be my next wheels.
I was disappointed to see the lack of tire options for a 16" wheel. Probably would have gone this route if the industry better supported it.

Reactions: FJQue