4" Lift Component Guidance

So my issue is, the bushings in all the control arms are either damn near completely gone, or dry rotted and have deformation. I was going to replace just the bushings. However my research lead me to believe the RC arms aren't servable and it would be more of a PITA then its worth. So figured I'd just start fresh.

Can you spend just shy of 2k on a complete set of arms right now?

My "financial adviser" would more than likely suggest I don't. However......what's up?

If you want to buy once/cry once go with savvy double adjustable. I priced out the core versions I wanted and ended up very close to what the savvy cost so be careful when pricing out different options. I personally wouldn't put a dime into rebuilding the RC arms or most other arms for that matter that don't use a Johnny Joint. If you wouldn't mind please post some pics of your suspension just for my curiosity sake

Reactions: SouthernTJ2000
I graduated form Cy-Creek in '96. Yeah, Tomball/Cypress/Spring has blown up over the past 15-20 years. Its crazy. Now with 99 out here, its expanding even further. Soon Waller will be taken over as well.

Ha, Played Cy-Creek in District, Sam Adams was a Soph my Sr year, I played LB so not against him, went on to win the SB with the Ravens, guy was an awesome Nose Guard.

I had a Rancho lift, and had to replace the Drop Pitman it had, then all the CA's, then the springs, track bar. It's a rabbit hole, but it all matters big time. If your CA's have blown bushings, they are thing 1, and yes agree with Pman on get em good now.

Reactions: P man
If you want to buy once/cry once go with savvy double adjustable. I priced out the core versions I wanted and ended up very close to what the savvy cost so be careful when pricing out different options. I personally wouldn't put a dime into rebuilding the RC arms or most other arms for that matter that don't use a Johnny Joint. If you wouldn't mind please post some pics of your suspension just for my curiosity sake

I ended up using going the Savvy/Rockjock route and it is very nice.

I was just giving a warning as I ended up with more work than anticipated when I pulled the old RC Mount off the frame.

I ended up playing both sides of the frame like this as the holes were fubared, was not happy as my frame was very clean til that point.

90783898-6EE1-4D11-8124-465543FF8D3E.jpeg

I'll get some pictures up this evening or tomorrow.

Ha, Played Cy-Creek in District, Sam Adams was a Soph my Sr year, I played LB so not against him, went on to win the SB with the Ravens, guy was an awesome Nose Guard.

I had a Rancho lift, and had to replace the Drop Pitman it had, then all the CA's, then the springs, track bar. It's a rabbit hole, but it all matters big time. If your CA's have blown bushings, they are thing 1, and yes agree with Pman on get em good now.

Yeah, he went to my Jr. High (Campbell). I think it was my 7th grade year, maybe 6th grade, and he was a Senior. He came back to Campbell to visit and talk to old teachers/coaches. Everyone was in awww as he walked the halls. Dude was massive. His brother was a freshman when I was a junior. He was nothing like Sam. We always had to run extra laps because he was slow and coaches had a set time we had to finish. He hardly made that time. It got to the point were we would push him along to get him across the line in time.

Reactions: cpwolf
I ended up using going the Savvy/Rockjock route and it is very nice.

I was just giving a warning as I ended up with more work than anticipated when I pulled the old RC Mount off the frame.

I ended up playing both sides of the frame like this as the holes were fubared, was not happy as my frame was very clean til that point.

View attachment 513243

I also spy a dropped pitman arm...that frame sure looks nice though!!

A lot of what we do is un screwing other people bad choices isn't it? It's always the cheapest springs and shocks, transfer case drop, drop pitman arm and the jeep rides like shit. I would prefer to buy a stock jeep and build how I want

I also spy a dropped pitman arm...that frame sure looks nice though!!

A lot of what we do is un screwing other people bad choices isn't it? It's always the cheapest springs and shocks, transfer case drop, drop pitman arm and the jeep rides like shit. I would prefer to buy a stock jeep and build how I want

Thanks, the drop pitman arm is gone now. The thing handled terribly. I lucked out with no rust or rot.