400,000 people have joined a Facebook event pledging to raid Area 51

I really hope they do it. The social Darwinism would be epic.

My fantasy certainly has them trying it. But it also doesn't necessarily have our military acting very quickly to turn the annoying misinformed conspiracy minded citizenry into canon fodder.

My fantasy certainly has them trying it. But it also doesn't necessarily have our military acting very quickly to turn the annoying misinformed conspiracy minded citizenry into canon fodder.

I’ve got a fantasy in my head about it as well. Basically the headline in the newspaper the next day would have a subtitle of “why you shouldn’t do everything you see online” 🤣

Problem solved!
C2B4C192-2AC2-424A-80C0-180139827193.gif

I will be looking forward to the news coverage of the event. Although I'm pretty sure all area 51 would have to do is...well...close down the compound? Place is pretty much a big bunker right? Probably has a big ass door. I know the Diefenbunker in Canada has the equivalent to a vault door. I'd suspect that IF this did happen, half the people would be gone within the first half hour. They gotta get back to winning their Fortnite games right?

I will be looking forward to the news coverage of the event. Although I'm pretty sure all area 51 would have to do is...well...close down the compound? Place is pretty much a big bunker right? Probably has a big ass door. I know the Diefenbunker in Canada has the equivalent to a vault door. I'd suspect that IF this did happen, half the people would be gone within the first half hour. They gotta get back to winning their Fortnite games right?

They would probably just go right back to whining about manspreading and toxic masculinity... and Fortnite of course 🤣

So, do I need to plan for more guests for the Annual Fall Barbeque and Croquet Extravaganza, or not? That's happening on the same day as all of this...whatever it is...so can we get a legit headcount, maybe? I wasn't kidding when I said it was difficult to call out for pizza; that's totes not an option.

I think they would be better off flooding the crowd with joints, just like they did with leaflets during WW2, they would be so preoccupied they wouldn't care about anything else.

Reactions: TJ Starting
They would probably just go right back to whining about manspreading and toxic masculinity... and Fortnite of course 🤣

I would just imagine the headlines. 400000 civilians storm the area surrounding area 51. However, they have encounter an impassable obstacle...a giant ass door. After a few hours deliberation, they have decided to send forth someone to knock.

I wonder if Vegas is allowing bets on this? We could bet on the mods that people actually manage to get in, how many people manage to get in, how many people get killed, etc.

I'll bet dollars to donuts no one even attempts to get in. If they do, then my faith in humanity may have just gone down even more than it already has.

I also believe that social media would ruin the commanders carreer if he fired upon the crowd, many have become afraid of taking care of the mission because of that and the liberal media and how those poor people attacked a military installation that should not have had fences. Just like our open borders.

The funniest part of this entire situation is the likely eventuality that nobody's put together yet. Follow my logic and the possible chain of events:

1- Facebook spreads word of a "storm Area 51" campaign, threatening that hundreds - possibly thousands - of civilians are going to crash the fences at one of our nation's most closely-guarded facilities.

2- This Facebook group posts a date at which they're going to effect the above action. The date is over two months in the future. Military strategists everywhere begin to wonder if they're missing something very obvious about this plan.

3- Nobody on Facebook stops to think that Area 51 is immediately adjacent to a military airport that is not only guarded and manned by the United States Air Force, but that is also capable of servicing and supplying round-the-clock airlifting operations by said Air Force, which is arguably the best transportation and logistics group in the entire world.

4- Anyone with a modicum of intelligence puts the preceding facts together and comes to the realization that the USAF not only has quite a bit of time until D-is-for-Dumbass Day, but also large quantities of jet fuel and no discernible sense of humor. Military strategist everywhere realize that no, they haven't missed anything, and relax at their desks with another cup of coffee.

5- Everyone shows up on the intended day, they crash the fences, they walk up to the Extra-Big-Ass door, and they find a "Closed for the Season; Please come back in the Spring!" sign on the door. They kick open the door to find... precisely nothing. Knowing winks and nods are exchanged behind desks, tin foil hats are crushed in anger, and there is a great wailing and gnashing of teeth throughout the land.

6- In a press conference following the gate-crashing, the Air Force calmly says "We've been telling you for years that there's nothing suspicious at that facility" and makes a very convincing case for why they need taxpayer money to improve the perimeter defenses of their facilities. The "Closed for the Season" sign is auctioned on eBay for $650,000 to an anonymous buyer.

7- Larger, taller fences are installed around the base, and after interest wanes in the following week, a large number of large planes begin landing at the air field. Mysterious crates are unloaded, tin foil hats are uncrushed, someone with a lot of stripes shakes a few political hands, and military strategists everywhere make notes reminding themselves to include the USAF's razor-sharp sense of humor in all of their future projections.

The funniest part of this entire situation is the likely eventuality that nobody's put together yet. Follow my logic and the possible chain of events:

1- Facebook spreads word of a "storm Area 51" campaign, threatening that hundreds - possibly thousands - of civilians are going to crash the fences at one of our nation's most closely-guarded facilities.

2- This Facebook group posts a date at which they're going to effect the above action. The date is over two months in the future. Military strategists everywhere begin to wonder if they're missing something very obvious about this plan.

3- Nobody on Facebook stops to think that Area 51 is immediately adjacent to a military airport that is not only guarded and manned by the United States Air Force, but that is also capable of servicing and supplying round-the-clock airlifting operations by said Air Force, which is arguably the best transportation and logistics group in the entire world.

4- Anyone with a modicum of intelligence puts the preceding facts together and comes to the realization that the USAF not only has quite a bit of time until D-is-for-Dumbass Day, but also large quantities of jet fuel and no discernible sense of humor. Military strategist everywhere realize that no, they haven't missed anything, and relax at their desks with another cup of coffee.

5- Everyone shows up on the intended day, they crash the fences, they walk up to the Extra-Big-Ass door, and they find a "Closed for the Season; Please come back in the Spring!" sign on the door. They kick open the door to find... precisely nothing. Knowing winks and nods are exchanged behind desks, tin foil hats are crushed in anger, and there is a great wailing and gnashing of teeth throughout the land.

6- In a press conference following the gate-crashing, the Air Force calmly says "We've been telling you for years that there's nothing suspicious at that facility" and makes a very convincing case for why they need taxpayer money to improve the perimeter defenses of their facilities. The "Closed for the Season" sign is auctioned on eBay for $650,000 to an anonymous buyer.

7- Larger, taller fences are installed around the base, and after interest wanes in the following week, a large number of large planes begin landing at the air field. Mysterious crates are unloaded, tin foil hats are uncrushed, someone with a lot of stripes shakes a few political hands, and military strategists everywhere make notes reminding themselves to include the USAF's razor-sharp sense of humor in all of their future projections.

Now that is funny.