4600 Class Ultra4 Race Jeep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highline as in the stock-looking highline fenders?

Highline as in it doesn't have highline fenders on it (meaning they cut into the hood several inches so they could move the fenders up higher, thus allowing for more up-travel.

ha, toximus should get a giggle out of that.........based on that rig's tag, he'll fetch 50k when his is finished.

i don't see 35k there, but i'm nobody.

Highline as in it doesn't have highline fenders on it (meaning they cut into the hood several inches so they could move the fenders up higher, thus allowing for more up-travel.
I'd have to check the rules for 4600 but the last I understood, there is no cutting of the stock sheet metal in 4600.

Reactions: Chris and xxdabroxx
He chopped up the rear corners pretty good.
Someone that cares can dig up the rules for the 4600 class on Ultra 4's website. I only looked at the first pic with the PSC flares. But, he says it is banded, so someone must have looked at it. However, that doesn't mean it will fit the rules of the class. Tech does not check for rule compliance other than how they apply to the safety requirements and whether those requirements are met.

He can build it however he likes, race it in the class and if he wins and someone disagrees with the build, they can throw a red card which will dispute the win. At that point the car gets inspected for compliance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
I was just poking fun at it. And then I had to Google Chrome Moly LOL.
Chromemoly is a slang term for steel alloys containing chromium and molybdenum. I don't know the correct way to represent it. We've discussed it, me and the companies I've developed a few products for and have never arrived at a consensus. The easier way would be to just use what the alloy is, 4130, 4340, etc., but that doesn't sound as cool to the folks that don't understand what that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.