4WD.com (not a great experience)

I would start a charge back. Extremely easy if you use Paypal, but there is only a certain amount of time to start or your out. I ordered some Locking hubs from a company, and they took my money but never gave me the parts. I think there was like a 3 month window to complain. I went to the BBB and found complaints of the same thing for the same part I ordered. I tried to contact him and he would never answer the phone but sometimes would reply to emails, and say "They are in the mail!" but could never come up with a tracking number. Paypal made a phone call and the money was back in my account with in a couple of days. They do want you to try, and work it out for a couple of weeks, but if you can't get a hold of them and then they can't they will give you your money back, then you can steer clear.

I agree, I would rather pay more for honest customer service and quality parts. Good luck to you. I understand your frustration because I was there myself. And just for story sake my locking hubs were like $1700, and I got my money back no worries.

Thanks for the advice. I opened a ticket with PayPal yesterday. They are waiting for a response from 4WD.

Reactions: ac_
This isn't just poor customer service...it's non-existent. I've been trying to reach them for over a week. They don't answer the phone, return emails, or FB messages. I've called 4 times and waited on hold for over 4 hours this week alone. I've emailed them 5 times. I've FB messaged them 9 times with 1 response asking for the order number. At what point does it turn from bad customer service to stealing my money? Additionally, I started my statement with exactly that...

They owe me over $800. You can't take someone's money and simply not provide the product that was purchased...regardless of the "state" of your company.

Fully understand the frustration. Ill message you a number, guys name is Wayne. He was helping me when I was deciding on parts. See if he can help you.

If that's the case they could put a message up on their website indicating the current status. So expectations match reality.

This I agree with wholeheartedly. However, its easier for them to ask for understanding after the fact than to admit they're unprepared. Shitty for sure. I do think we all need to be understanding however

Fully understand the frustration. Ill message you a number, guys name is Wayne. He was helping me when I was deciding on parts. See if he can help you.

Greatly appreciated! I'll give it a try but if he is in sales, he won't be able to help. I can easily contact sales. I've spoken to them twice already and they explain that they can't help and I have to call CS. Even after I explained they don't answer the phone they apologize and basically tell me "yeah, I know".

Reactions: AndrewLJR
Just wanted to provide an update (or lack of). I opened a PayPal dispute that got denied because the amount I opened the refund for is now incorrect. 4wd.com sent the Tie Rod I ordered the day after they were contacted by PayPal. So now they owe me about $200 less than what I opened the case for. Rather than contacting me, the took the time to respond to PayPal with proof that my refund request was not accurate...it was when I opened the damn case!

I wake up this morning to see that they called last night at 9:48pm. Even by west coast time that's nearly 7pm?!? Now they are stating that I have to close the PayPal dispute before they can refund my account. Paypal closed the dispute last week? I'm now back to square one and trying to contact a seller that you literally can not contact. Oh, and of course the guy that called me left zero contact information.

• Wow
Reactions: Squatch
Just wanted to provide an update (or lack of). I opened a PayPal dispute that got denied because the amount I opened the refund for is now incorrect. 4wd.com sent the Tie Rod I ordered the day after they were contacted by PayPal. So now they owe me about $200 less than what I opened the case for. Rather than contacting me, the took the time to respond to PayPal with proof that my refund request was not accurate...it was when I opened the damn case!

I wake up this morning to see that they called last night at 9:48pm. Even by west coast time that's nearly 7pm?!? Now they are stating that I have to close the PayPal dispute before they can refund my account. Paypal closed the dispute last week? I'm now back to square one and trying to contact a seller that you literally can not contact. Oh, and of course the guy that called me left zero contact information.

What's weird is every since you posted this and I responded, I am getting spam from them. I am not saying that it is magic, just a weird coincidence. I am thinking when you asked if they were still open. I probably went to go look, and they grabbed a cookie. I hate that crap. It's ok because they are spam now. Just for you! Sorry to hear you are having problems, but I bet you could keep harping on paypal, and get the to re-open your case.

Reactions: Pokahpolice
So you're frustrated with a company thats operating minimally during this "virus"? By no means defending poor business habits, but people complaining about the same thing, for the last month, is kind of crazy. Clearly they're not functioning at full ability. This isn't Morris4x4 that's been shit for years

Except ya know, they sucked ass long before the virus.

Hi there
Hope everyone is safe and not being affected by Covid-19 or the lockdowns.

Over here in the UK can't even access 4WD or 4wheel parts as they seem to have blocked anyone in the UK from visiting their sites, rather strange.
Morris 4x4 have been really helpful and have no issue with shipping to the UK.
Trying to get parts for TJ wranglers in the UK can be a bit of a nightmare the best site for parts we have over here is Jeepey.com

Regards Keith.

4wp has always been good IMHO. I like being to take returns back to a local store if needed.

A few years back I was at the Dakota Territory Challenge. One of the guys broke something after the first day and couldn't find it local. He was bummed thinking he would miss the rest of the event. Then he called a 4WP store in Denver and found one. Although he couldn't get there until way past closing, the owner said to call him at home and he would meet him at the store to get him the part that night. He got the part around 10pm, drove back to the event, replaced the part and was wheelin the next day. I'd say that was pretty good customer service.

Everybody is having some degradation of service during this COVID thing, need to cut them some slack. If you can't get through to the national number, call the nearest store they will answer and may be able to help you.

4wp has always been good IMHO. I like being to take returns back to a local store if needed.

A few years back I was at the Dakota Territory Challenge. One of the guys broke something after the first day and couldn't find it local. He was bummed thinking he would miss the rest of the event. Then he called a 4WP store in Denver and found one. Although he couldn't get there until way past closing, the owner said to call him at home and he would meet him at the store to get him the part that night. He got the part around 10pm, drove back to the event, replaced the part and was wheelin the next day. I'd say that was pretty good customer service.

Everybody is having some degradation of service during this COVID thing, need to cut them some slack. If you can't get through to the national number, call the nearest store they will answer and may be able to help you.

Are we talking about the same company? You typed 4wp several times so want to make sure it's the same.?. The company I'm speaking of is 4wd.com. They do have brick and mortar stores out west but nothing in the east. If we are speaking about the same company, sorry but they are absolutely, hands down, the worst company I've ever dealt with (and I've dealt with Spectrum for years). I can't even put into words how strongly I feel about how terrible of an experience I've had with them. If it wouldn't cost me a small fortune, I'd return the $2500+ worth of parts I purchased from them. Not only are they woefully inept, they have shown the ability to actually fix the problems I've faced but simply the unwillingness to do so. If I met the actual person(s) collecting profits from this company I would most likely lose my shit on them. I'm so pissed off at the way I've been treated, I'm literally typing this entire rant with my middle finger. Covid NOTHING!. I own a business and have tried to give them the benefit of the doubt. These asshats can eat a D^%K!

Sorry, did I make my point?

Reactions: Tomcat
Are we talking about the same company? You typed 4wp several times so want to make sure it's the same.?. The company I'm speaking of is 4wd.com. They do have brick and mortar stores out west but nothing in the east. If we are speaking about the same company, sorry but they are absolutely, hands down, the worst company I've ever dealt with (and I've dealt with Spectrum for years). I can't even put into words how strongly I feel about how terrible of an experience I've had with them. If it wouldn't cost me a small fortune, I'd return the $2500+ worth of parts I purchased from them. Not only are they woefully inept, they have shown the ability to actually fix the problems I've faced but simply the unwillingness to do so. If I met the actual person(s) collecting profits from this company I would most likely lose my shit on them. I'm so pissed off at the way I've been treated, I'm literally typing this entire rant with my middle finger. Covid NOTHING!. I own a business and have tried to give them the benefit of the doubt. These asshats can eat a D^%K!

Sorry, did I make my point?
Point well made! And yes, I was describing 4WP, no personal experience with 4WD. Sorry about that...

lol, that must be a first, sorry, I feel for you, I hope this is COVID staffing related. But that must be a first, please phone us, we are to busy to answer emails.

I'm honestly so over the excuses. Luckily I'm not in a financial crunch because of this Covid shit. They owe me over $650 from canceling an order the day after ordering it. It should have been processed immediately. What if I actually needed that money?

I'm going to keep this thread alive for as long as I'm owed my money. The latest from them. I'm a little past being nice so my tone is a bit pissy.

Hi Bruce,
We have been trying to refund your account but it's holding us up due to your dispute, one of our CS members called and left a message.
Thank you-

Mon 4:49 PM

You’re absolutely full of crap. The dispute was closed on 5/9. The call you made was at 9:48 at night!!! I was in bed. This is ridiculous. Why don’t you pick up the phone and call me right now? 207-838-****

• Sad
Reactions: wyorob and Daryl
I'm going to keep this thread alive for as long as I'm owed my money. The latest from them. I'm a little past being nice so my tone is a bit pissy.

Hi Bruce,
We have been trying to refund your account but it's holding us up due to your dispute, one of our CS members called and left a message.
Thank you-

Mon 4:49 PM

You’re absolutely full of crap. The dispute was closed on 5/9. The call you made was at 9:48 at night!!! I was in bed. This is ridiculous. Why don’t you pick up the phone and call me right now? 207-838-****

Sounds horrible, hope you get refunded soon.

Crazy thing is ... I ordered 3-4 times from them for various parts over the last week... it all turned out ok for me. I think it helps that they have a warehouse/store 20 mins north of me.

This isn't just poor customer service...it's non-existent. I've been trying to reach them for over a week. They don't answer the phone, return emails, or FB messages. I've called 4 times and waited on hold for over 4 hours this week alone. I've emailed them 5 times. I've FB messaged them 9 times with 1 response asking for the order number. At what point does it turn from bad customer service to stealing my money? Additionally, I started my statement with exactly that...

They owe me over $800. You can't take someone's money and simply not provide the product that was purchased...regardless of the "state" of your company.
I guess I got off lucky at only $56 being shorted on a refund from morris4x4.

Same story tho, CS is nonexistent, they lied about availability of products, which is what really makes me discount them as a reputable vendor.

Any one can make a mistake with a calculator, but if you're dishonest I dont trust you with my money, sorry morris4x4. Not sorry.

Finally received my refund. It took 1 month to get $657 from an order I cancelled immediately after placing. Without a Paypal dispute, I highly doubt I would have ever been refunded.

Reactions: Sancho
My only dealing w/ 4wd.com was my kid ordered a (very needed) steering part from them that said "ready to ship" or "goes out tomorrow", so he placed the order. When he got the receipt it said 8-10 WEEKS!!!
So I called them and told them what they were selling, told the guy this is bullshit, it's being drop shipped from China, isn't it? The guy looked it up, said "Yeah you're right it's bullshit, it's coming from China, I'll refund the order".
I haven't checked w/ my kid to see if that actually ever happened or not, thanks for bringing this up.
I sent my kid to Rock Auto and it was on at door in two days.

Last edited: