'98 Sahara build: "Staying the Course"

@Squatch you'll love those bumpers. I got my front bumper without the hoop and I love how it looks on my Jeep (my rear is his normal rear bumper). For what they cost and how well they are made, these are excellent value. I have to thank @glwood for his excellent photos. That's how I decided on this set.

IMG_20190119_150435.jpg

IMG_20190119_150421.jpg

IMG_20190119_150417.jpg

Last edited:
@Squatch did you get your bumpers yet?
Sure, did. Got 'em safe and sound, sitting on the enclosed front porch. Still trying to decide if'n they'll be black, or match my wheel color (light tan). Gonna wait until next Friday (payday) to decide. The powder coater only takes cash from non-commercial customers, and I'm a little short on that, at the moment.

It was snowing a bit through Sunday and Sunday night. I awoke to 8" of snow on the ground, which is not a common occurrence in this area. Anyway, I think I've got a wheel bearing going out in the Lincoln, so I grabbed my wife's XJ to commute to work. Compact snow and ice all across I-5 for about a third of the way in. The little rig never broke traction...unless I wanted it to! ;)

It was snowing a bit through Sunday and Sunday night. I awoke to 8" of snow on the ground, which is not a common occurrence in this area. Anyway, I think I've got a wheel bearing going out in the Lincoln, so I grabbed my wife's XJ to commute to work. Compact snow and ice all across I-5 for about a third of the way in. The little rig never broke traction...unless I wanted it to! ;)
View attachment 75882
I like the 2 door mate...are they pretty rare out there?

View attachment 75882

When I lived there, and that happened, the whole city shut down. I mean, we got real snow days at the shop!

I like the 2 door mate...are they pretty rare out there?
Yeah, they're nowhere near as common as the many-door version. :) I see some older ones pop up for sale now and then. In fact, there are two on Craigslist now. Hers is a '96, however...the first year for some engine improvements. The wife just loves her rig. When these tires finally wear out, I'll put new tires on her Canyons, and put those back on.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
So you didn't go to work and took your rig and went out and played in the snow?:)
At work right now, actually. Only five of my crew of 14 showed up (when you count me), but that's more than the rest of the plant. We have entire departments where no one showed up. Makes my guys look all the better! ;)