'98 Sahara build: "Staying the Course"

Took a few days off to spend out in the garage. Three days of it was during our heat wave, and my garage was a balmy 100 degrees inside. Of course, the high velocity fan I ordered showed up after the heatwave was over. Still, installed it in the ceiling, and absolutely love it.

So, I removed the back-half of the old tub, which obviously provides unlimited access to the rear of the frame. Been cleaning it up, which includes finishing the removal of the weld points for the old spring perches. @Vasq has volunteered to weld the Ballistic Fabrication spring relocation brackets on for me, as I am not comfortable with my own welding abilities yet, particularly when it involves anything semi-structural. After seeing the bang-up job he did on his, I have gladly accepted his offer. We both discussed the brackets that I got, and decided that their spring retainer design leaves something to be desired. He has kindly offered to modify them to more closely resemble what he has on his TJ. What a guy! (y)

Started to remove some sheet metal from the front end. I probably won't remove the dash until I'm closer to being prepared to swapping over the yellow tub. That'll help to keep the locations of connections, and such, fresh in my mind.

IMG_1771.JPG
IMG_1772.JPG

IMG_1773.JPG
IMG_1775.JPG
IMG_1774.JPG
IMG_1786.JPG
IMG_1788.JPG
IMG_1790.JPG
IMG_1781.JPG
IMG_1809.JPG

Took a few days off to spend out in the garage. Three days of it was during our heat wave, and my garage was a balmy 100 degrees inside. Of course, the high velocity fan I ordered showed up after the heatwave was over. Still, installed it in the ceiling, and absolutely love it.

So, I removed the back-half of the old tub, which obviously provides unlimited access to the rear of the frame. Been cleaning it up, which includes finishing the removal of the weld points for the old spring perches. @Vasq has volunteered to weld the Ballistic Fabrication spring relocation brackets on for me, as I am not comfortable with my own welding abilities yet, particularly when it involves anything semi-structural. After seeing the bang-up job he did on his, I have gladly accepted his offer. We both discussed the brackets that I got, and decided that their spring retainer design leaves something to be desired. He has kindly offered to modify them to more closely resemble what he has on his TJ. What a guy! (y)

Started to remove some sheet metal from the front end. I probably won't remove the dash until I'm closer to being prepared to swapping over the yellow tub. That'll help to keep the locations of connections, and such, fresh in my mind.

View attachment 263198View attachment 263200
View attachment 263201View attachment 263202View attachment 263206View attachment 263211View attachment 263213View attachment 263214View attachment 263215View attachment 263219
TJ6 - now is the time.....

• Love
Reactions: DrDmoney
Two long timers post again! Good to see you start working on her again @Squatch! And @ac_ you still have Zombicon? Haven't heard much from you lately.
Glad to see it wasn't just that I was missing his posts, @Mike_H. I haven't seen anything from him in a while, either. Good to hear from him, again!

It's been a while since I hijacked @Squatch's thread. I think it is still appropriate. Haha

Yep sure do here is a recent picture.

View attachment 263739
Awesome! :) Can I assume the house rebuild (post-fire) went well, and you've long-since settled in?

*Oops...just saw your post in your "House Fire" thread. Thanks for the update!

Reactions: ac_, Alex01 and JMT
Oh yeah! I remember her little Tonka! I hope the house turned out good after all the shenanigans. 😬
Things are much better finally. We just got our house back then had to quarantine for a while, and work from home, so we got to really live in it right away lol. Things are finally getting back to normal again.