'98 Sahara build: "Staying the Course"

Things are much better finally. We just got our house back then had to quarantine for a while, and work from home, so we got to really live in it right away lol. Things are finally getting back to normal again.
That’s a long road. Glad you have some normalcy. Missed you at Moab this year!
FEBC034E-ACDF-46C9-9862-B5609FE1AA30.jpeg

My twin boys are building their rig now! It’s on a 2.5” OME and 32’s.

92CD88A5-52D2-460C-911E-0D2A05781A44.jpeg
1D6A95E3-F347-4B08-B557-E332CFBA639E.jpeg
842A1AAF-AFE9-4196-A6AE-4531DC544313.jpeg

That’s a long road. Glad you have some normalcy. Missed you at Moab this year!View attachment 264181

My twin boys are building their rig now! It’s on a 2.5” OME and 32’s.

View attachment 264185View attachment 264183View attachment 264182
Yeah sorry about Moab, lots of stuff going on, but let me know if you guys are going again, I will start saving some money now for that.

Wow that is a nice rig. I am glad they are following your footsteps. That makes me happy!

I guess we can move this conversation to your build thread lol.

Do they have a build thread yet?

Reactions: JMT
Spent some time in the garage this evening. Enough time to get the fenders off, at least. Removing the ABS unit was a pain in the ass, as every metal brake line was so rusted that they had to be cut to disconnect. Won't be running ABS, as I'm installing the Dana 44 in place of the Dana 35, so there's that.
Progress.jpg

Spent some time in the garage this evening. Enough time to get the fenders off, at least. Removing the ABS unit was a pain in the ass, as every metal brake line was so rusted that they had to be cut to disconnect. Won't be running ABS, as I'm installing the Dana 44 in place of the Dana 35, so there's that.View attachment 264554
I really really wanted to say something smartassy about those racing slick tires, but I will refrain, and just tell you I am excited to watch this project grow. The pictures are fun, keep them coming!

Spent some time in the garage this evening. Enough time to get the fenders off, at least. Removing the ABS unit was a pain in the ass, as every metal brake line was so rusted that they had to be cut to disconnect. Won't be running ABS, as I'm installing the Dana 44 in place of the Dana 35, so there's that.View attachment 264554
PROGRESS!!! YAAAAAAASSSSSSS!

I really really wanted to say something smartassy about those racing slick tires, but I will refrain, and just tell you I am excited to watch this project grow. The pictures are fun, keep them coming!
:LOL: Yeah, aren't those tires special? Courtesy of the original owner, I assure you. Parallel parking was obviously not his thing. Neither was backing up, for that matter, as he backed the spare into something sharp, and sliced the sidewall open. But as far as the tires on the ground go, I do believe this was the look he was after... ;)
1626029632516.png

Reactions: ac_
Or, you mentioned liking brown…

View attachment 264913
Isn't that paint scheme just wild? Not sure if I'm ballsy enough to drive something quite that...ummm...I don't even know what to call it. Flamboyant, maybe? 🤷‍♂️ It seems more toned-down with the bronze/brownish base, but that yellow is just over the top, as is the white with the patriotic red, white & blue splashed all over it.

So when I was 2 to the time I was 5ish my Mother dated a guy that was into Jeeps. This was back in the 60's to early 70's. (Don't do the math, I'm old!) He had a late 60's CJ5 and it was pink. It had on the hood "Pink Pig" He had all of the old 60's cj 5 bells and whistles including beer taps on the dash that did different things. I don't remember what, I was too young then, but I always kind of thought it was cool. Later in early 70's I think 73. or was it 74? He bought a brand new CJ5, and it was grey. It wasn't near as cool. I wish I had some pictures. So yeah for sure I would wheel that crazy striped Jeep above!!

So when I was 2 to the time I was 5ish my Mother dated a guy that was into Jeeps. This was back in the 60's to early 70's. (Don't do the math, I'm old!) He had a late 60's CJ5 and it was pink. It had on the hood "Pink Pig" He had all of the old 60's cj 5 bells and whistles including beer taps on the dash that did different things. I don't remember what, I was too young then, but I always kind of thought it was cool. Later in early 70's I think 73. or was it 74? He bought a brand new CJ5, and it was grey. It wasn't near as cool. I wish I had some pictures. So yeah for sure I would wheel that crazy striped Jeep above!!
Like you said, it's too bad you didn't have a pic of it. "Pink Pig"......what a hoot!

I don't have too much of an issue driving vintage vehicles that are "Dusty Rose", or an actual pink color. Hell, my daily driver for a number of years was a factory pink '65 Rambler station wagon. I remember the maintenance guy at work looking it over, and declaring "It looks like a big tit!" :ROFLMAO:

Like you said, it's too bad you didn't have a pic of it. "Pink Pig"......what a hoot!

I don't have too much of an issue driving vintage vehicles that are "Dusty Rose", or an actual pink color. Hell, my daily driver for a number of years was a factory pink '65 Rambler station wagon. I remember the maintenance guy at work looking it over, and declaring "It looks like a big tit!" :ROFLMAO:
😂🤣🥲