A/C Drain Dripping Water on Passenger Floorboard

SSTJ

———
Lifetime Supporting Member
Very basic question but I am away from my FSA right now and don’t want to scroll through a PDF on my phone.

Water is collecting on my passenger floorboard. The pic below is taken from the perspective of the passenger’s shin. I assume it is some kind of condensate drain for the AC. Where it meets the firewall, there is a spongy gasket, and if I push on it, more water drips out.

Second picture shows where the line comes out, which is where I assume all the water should be going.

Am I most likely looking for a clog, or for a crack in the line? Any other advice from others who have solved this?

1E3722BC-A73D-47F5-9D01-8C6C8A0C940B.jpeg

5A345BC1-277C-4B99-B82B-F589F9156604.jpeg

I had the same issue, assuming the drain is clear. Spray-on flex seal inside and outside (don’t seal the drain) of the foam gasket fixed it for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: SSTJ
I bought a PVC elbow for 89¢, then drilled out the interior to just over 5/8". It fit snugly, and I wrapped it in Gorilla tape.

We'll see if that solves the problem.

Reactions: Rygrego
I bought a PVC elbow for 89¢, then drilled out the interior to just over 5/8". It fit snugly, and I wrapped it in Gorilla tape.

We'll see if that solves the problem.

It'll work. The problem is the when it drains out it runs back along the tube and into the floor. I took mine in couple times and the dealership couldn't find anything wrong. Took my redneck cousin 10 secs to figure it out. In 2000 they angled it down.

Reactions: SSTJ
I learned recently that there was a TSB about this problem. @mastergunnera8 posted a link to what appears to be a $20 official fix, but my $1 elbow connector is working fine.

IMG_7479.JPG

IMG_7501.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Noxid