A/C issues

LOLJ

Supporting Member
i’ve been searching the site for a while but I’m not 100% sure what to call my problem. I have a 2005 LJ. it got cold this weekend and I turned the heater to defrost. I’m in Texas, so the next day I tried to turn on the AC but I can’t get it to blow out of the vents anymore. It blows only out of the defrost and switching the I’m knob will not change it to blow out of the passenger facing vents or the floorboards. The fan sped option still works, so does the temp control, just no ability to change the airflow direction. Would this be involving the air mixer? Any ideas?

You most likely have a broken vacuum line somewhere between the engine intake manifold and the hvac control box.

Reactions: LOLJ and rasband
You most likely have a broken vacuum line somewhere between the engine intake manifold and the hvac control box.
I wouldn’t have even guessed that. I just dropped her off at justjeeps in Austin. They are supposed to get back to me today. This makes a lot of sense to me as I was playing around in the engine bay the other day and it would not surprise me if I disconnected a hose…

Better call the shop and tell them you're not willing to pay them a couple hundie just to reconnect the vacumn line to the mainifold because thats proably where the problem lies.
They are doing a few other things and I have a feeling they’re going to find this problem naturally. But I asked them to diagnose it and give me a call concerning it. I have them putting on a throttlebody and a throttlebody spacer, as well as an MSD coil pack, plugs, new injectors, and insulating the fuel rail. I have the feeling that they’re going to see any disconnected vacuum lines in that process as they will be on both sides of the engine. This is also a good opportunity to see if they are being 100% honest with me. I have a really good feeling about the shop, and they come highly recommended, but it’s always nice to know a little bit about what’s happening. I was please with the condition of the Jeep when I got it back from them the first time. First thing I did when I bought it was bring it to them and have them go through and do all of the standard maintenance stuff.