A/C Pulley

Hopper

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
My daughter has been driving the Tj. The other day I noticed the ac clicking on and of about every 10 seconds. Looking at it the ac will click and the pully will spin, click again the pully stops spinning. This keeps happening on,off, on,off, spin, stop,spin,stop. For some reason I thought the pully should spin all the time. The air isn't super cold but it is kinda cool. I was going to try a Pro AC recharge. But not sure if that pully is acting proper. Any help appreciated. 1999 4.0 automatic.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Cooper
My daughter has been driving the Tj. The other day I noticed the ac clicking on and of about every 10 seconds. Looking at it the ac will click and the pully will spin, click again the pully stops spinning. This keeps happening on,off, on,off, spin, stop,spin,stop. For some reason I thought the pully should spin all the time. The air isn't super cold but it is kinda cool. I was going to try a Pro AC recharge. But not sure if that fully is acting proper. Any help appreciated. 1999 4.0 automatic.

Sounds like the refrigerant is low.

And or buy an o ring kit and a new receiver dryer. Probably less than $30 for both. Replace all the 20 year old o-rings, little oil or grease and back together.

Assuming you're system is empty.

-Mac

Reactions: John Cooper