A/C Recharge Question

Gfick

i have a 2002 tj se. looks like its an aftermarket or dealer AC unit. The problem is the red cap (see pic) is where I thought you would low recharge inlet , but the store bought hose is too small to fit this connector. There are also to other caps under the yellow plastic sealed connectors. Could one of those be the low side?
Any ideas? Thanks

E8AC378E-F23A-4F99-9929-D05C01ECF1A3.jpeg

i have a 2002 tj se. looks like its an aftermarket or dealer AC unit. The problem is the red cap (see pic) is where I thought you would low recharge inlet , but the store bought hose is too small to fit this connector. There are also to other caps under the yellow plastic sealed connectors. Could one of those be the low side?
Any ideas? Thanks

View attachment 85107
Anyone?

The yellow covered ‘big’ port to the far right is your low pressure port - you using a manifold gauge or a cheapie recharge kit? If you are using a short hose to recharge, be careful not to hydrolock the compressor by adding as a liquid (keep bottle upright when running compressor)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recharging without a set of gauges is risky, it’s very easy to overcharge and you’re not finding and fixing the leak that caused the problem. Any refrigerant system has a pretty precise amount of refrigerant that will work correctly.

Reactions: Farmergreg
Recharging without a set of gauges is risky, it’s very easy to overcharge and you’re not finding and fixing the leak that caused the problem. Any refrigerant system has a pretty precise amount of refrigerant that will work correctly.
+1 on this. Manifold gauges were useless on my TJ. I recovered and pulled a vacuum then weighed in 1.25# of freon and it works like a champ.