A deal on a Rubicon?

Might be worth a trip to just go up and take a look. Can't hurt anything. If you don't, you'll aways be thinking.... Did I pass up a deal of a life time???
And there in lies the kicker! I'll be pissed at myself if I waste the day chasing down a "too good to be true" deal, and I'll be pissed at myself for not confirming its condition, one way or the other. :rolleyes:

Reactions: StG58 and tomtaylz
And there in lies the kicker! I'll be pissed at myself if I waste the day chasing down a "too good to be true" deal, and I'll be pissed at myself for not confirming its condition, one way or the other. :rolleyes:
Very true....if you go there and it is full of rust then you will know for sure and can get a good night's sleep without laying awake wondering. But then if it is only one spot..... :)

Reactions: Squatch and StG58

Can you ask them to send more frame photos before you take a trip?

Reactions: tomtaylz
Enablers, each and every one of ya! ;)
I think I'll see if they can send me some more detailed frame pics. If I can get those by Friday night, I'll head down on Saturday and take a look (that is, if the pics don't show pure nastiness). If they cannot get me the pics, then it's up in the air as to whether or not I'll make the effort. The thought that a Rubicon has been sitting there on the lot at that price without being snatched up is something of a red flag, as it is...

I think I'll see if they can send me some more detailed frame pics. If I can get those by Friday night, I'll head down on Saturday and take a look (that is, if the pics don't show pure nastiness). If they cannot get me the pics, then it's up in the air as to whether or not I'll make the effort. The thought that a Rubicon has been sitting there on the lot at that price without being snatched up is something of a red flag, as it is...

Yep. Perfectly said

Reactions: Squatch

I'm hoping the best for you @Squatch. If they want to sell it, they'll send pics. You still might have to go see in person. If you can get the VIN, you should see the Carfax and it'll tell you where it's been and how many owners it's had. I would really love it if you get a black Rubicon to match mine.

Keep us posted!

I'm hoping the best for you @Squatch. If they want to sell it, they'll send pics. You still might have to go see in person. If you can get the VIN, you should see the Carfax and it'll tell you where it's been and how many owners it's had. I would really love it if you get a black Rubicon to match mine.

Keep us posted!

It has 5 owners all its life in NJ and PA.

Price is firm because other Rubicons are selling for $13,000 which is nuts
I believe this a great price for someone who has always wanted
a well taken care of Rubicon and doesn't want to pay a crazy amount.
I can drive her down to Charlotte or you can check it out up by Lenoir Friday-Sunday.

That seems shady as hell... people are asking 13k but I'm going to ask 4k less for my perfectly fine Jeep because I'm doing you a favor?

Reactions: DaveF
I can drive her down to Charlotte or you can check it out up by Lenoir Friday-Sunday.

That seems shady as hell... people are asking 13k but I'm going to ask 4k less for my perfectly fine Jeep because I'm doing you a favor?
It’s got 160k miles. I think he’s just being reasonable. Ppl are selling these things for wayyyyy more than they should be. Just looking for a quick sale I’d say

Reactions: LeeH
Paid 16k for mine with 70 k miles
Stock. California Jeep. No rust whatsoever
When? I bought my sport back I 2014 for $9,800 92k miles. I feel like in general they have risen in price. Or at the least people are over asking.

Agree. That doesn't make any sense, unless he's looking for a super quick cash sale.

Hey buddy... We're here to help.:)
I'm sure alot of people don't even know what a Rubicon is.....just another Jeep.