A lesson learned—keep it light and nimble!

After several attempts I'm at 15 inch pounds preload and .005 backlash. Here's the pattern. It looks a little shallow, but not having done this is 20+ years I don't know for sure.

20230525_160801.jpg

20230525_155820.jpg

Reactions: reddvltj and Irun
I've been in and out of surgery, so nothing is happening with either Jeep. However, I did get a free set of 1/2 doors last week. They're a little beat up, but are very fixable. While they had no inner panels, they are 100% rust free. Fortunately, I picked up a set of very cheap color correct inner panels at yard sale a while ago.

20230607_111815.jpg

I've been in and out of surgery, so nothing is happening with either Jeep. However, I did get a free set of 1/2 doors last week. They're a little beat up, but are very fixable. While they had no inner panels, they are 100% rust free. Fortunately, I picked up a set of very cheap color correct inner panels at yard sale a while ago.

View attachment 432973

Nice score!! I paid $750 for my complete half doors, but that came with 3 sets of uppers. Rick got the new set up upper hard, half sliders, and I kept the soft sliders and regular sipper uppers. I just need to get a set of mirrors and rekey the door locks.

Reactions: Irun and Wildman
You mean like this set that is picked up a couple weeks ago.

View attachment 433042

Yeah, when r u driving through Spokane next? 🤣 why are all half doors red that I see on the forum? Then they get painted.

I literally watch FB every day going on over a year now. There’s one guy with an LJ who won’t sell the doors to anyone except another LJ because of the top he insists on selling with it. 🙄

I literally watch FB every day going on over a year now. There’s one guy with an LJ who won’t sell the doors to anyone except another LJ because of the top he insists on selling with it. 🙄

Yeah but those are the ugliest shade of dark green ever imprinted on any vehicle… maybe ever.

There’s another guy with red ones close by me, but they need a repaint, new uppers and missing hinges… and he’s asking $1500 for them.

Yeah, when r u driving through Spokane next? 🤣 why are all half doors red that I see on the forum? Then they get painted.

Even worse when someone paints yellow half doors tan

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj and JMT
Yeah but those are the ugliest shade of dark green ever imprinted on any vehicle… maybe ever.

There’s another guy with red ones close by me, but they need a repaint, new uppers and missing hinges… and he’s asking $1500 for them.

You know FB Marketplace well!

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj and PNW_LJ
Or I just have too much free time at work 😅

Honestly, I've thought through the OEM half doors and while they are beautiful, they are not my cup of tea. I prefer the Savvy trail doors.

Reactions: PNW_LJ